Modded Cray Strat....Modded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modded Cray Strat....Modded.

I bought this from Chuckracer when it looked like this....

I installed a JB(B), SSL5(M), Jazz(N). Wired on a three way..bridge/both/neck and the mini toggle adds the s/c to whatever is happening on the 3way. Two volumes...neck/mid, bridge and one tone. Here are the pics....

Now - to Floyd or not to Floyd? I'm having a tough time deciding on this. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Wow, Chucks pic is way better than mine. Time for a new camera.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Re: Modded Cray Strat....Modded.

That looks great Jimmy. Of course, it is yours to do with as you wish, but me personally? I wouldn't Floyd it. I'd leave it a hard tail. I've got too many Floyds already. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd not bother floyding it if it was mine - it's a hardtail strat so unless you want to pay a tech a decent sum and get it refinished, it wouldn't be worth it. You could buy another body though......
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, I'd leave it and build/buy another guitar to cover my Floyd needs.
        Looks great, Jimmy!

Comment

Chuck, you don't have a Wolfgang Special kicking around do you?

FYI - Chuck helped me decide how to wire this baby up and provided me with the bitchin' pickguard, free of charge. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

That kicks ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I agree, leave it a hardtail. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No way I would Floyd it, but I would have left a Cray strat stock to begin with and modded a lesser model.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                No way I would Floyd it, but I would have left a Cray strat stock to begin with and modded a lesser model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Changing a pickguard and pickups is a pretty non-obtrusive mod. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Now the Floyd thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Looks great man, very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

cool axe [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  i'd take the old 1hum pickguard in case you wanna get rid of it
                  cheers
                  andy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Changing a pickguard and pickups is a pretty non-obtrusive mod. Doesn't bother me a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    The Cray model has a 3 single coil route, which makes this mod to humbuckers about as "obtrusive" as you can get.

On the flip side, the guitar looks cool as hell and most likely has become much more versatile. The mod is not as big of a big deal if the guitar is a long term keeper or a live workhorse.

Comment

She's a live workhorse - there are no long term keepers, although it is growing on me.

The mod has made the guitar much more versatile and it sounds incredible. I was very surprised to hear how resonant this guitar is...I didn't know what to expect.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                      X