X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Rico Jr.

any thoughts on these guitars ?

Re: Bernie Rico Jr.

I have been thinking the same exact thing. I am curious if anyone has any experience with them.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Exodus uses them. That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject!

Comment

I wonder if it's kind of a new version of the old style bc rich ... if you can figure what I just said you're good. I never played one of those old bc rich but I heard they were extremely good guitars especially compared to the new crap

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I wonder if it's kind of a new version of the old style bc rich ... if you can figure what I just said you're good. I never played one of those old bc rich but I heard they were extremely good guitars especially compared to the new crap

[/ QUOTE ]
          I can testify that old BC Riches are great guitars, but it is hard to believe that someone who contributed to the downfall of BC Rich Custom Shop starts building great guitars out of the blue. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            I can testify that old BC Riches are great guitars, but it is hard to believe that someone who contributed to the downfall of BC Rich Custom Shop starts building great guitars out of the blue. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why I was wondering, but I don't know if the downfall was caused because Bernie sucked at making guitars or that they decided not to handcraft them anymore and leave it to some machines so that they could make more guitars at a cheaper cost

Comment

Bernie doesn't make/built guitars, he never did once in his life. It is done by Mexican luthiers. He was just a supervisor in the shop and the QC sucked(paint problems, rattling truss rods etc.). I blame him. BC Rich guitars are still handmade, the problem still lies in QC.

Comment

hmmmm, Gary Holt says on the Exodus boards they are the best guitars he has ever played, bar none...and he's been playing their Vixens a lot over the last year or two...

Comment

DCGL stock them....
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

A guy is selling one locally. But I think they're pretty darn fugly.

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

The headstock looks like a GIANT LOBSTER CLAW! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Some of the designs are hideous, but some I like alot. The Bat shape archtop V is pretty cool IMO. But the problem is they could be alot of bling and no bang if you know what I mean. The custom shop was fine for a few years after Bernie Sr died. But in the last 3 or 4 years most of what Veli said is true from what I've heard. Its very sad because I was a big fan of the Bernie Sr era BC Rich guitars and always wanted a Handmade. Now I wouldn't be caught dead with one. They still aren't bad guitars but not at all justifying of the price you pay. As for Bernie Jr. I have a hard time believing his father didn't at least teach him how to run things right. I think alot of the blame being placed on Bernie Jr's head is speculative. So my opinion is until I get a chance to play one of these (which is unlikely since they don't seem easy to come by around here) I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

does anybody know if Bernie JR intends to make this company a major guitar company or will he only make some custom or $1500 and up guitars ?

Comment

this one is pretty cool

Comment

yeah, that headstock is pretty damn ugly...

but they do LOOK well made...
                              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                              X