my new V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my new V

Looks better on your doorstep than it does on his couch!
    Screamin'

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

We call that Ebony around these parts bro! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The white finished Vs in that series have Ebony boards, unlike the other finishes which have Rosewood.

BEAUTIFUL GUITAR! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      ha ha, totally right, I just checked the specs and learned this myself a minute ago. goddamn. the seller was telling me rosewood, but it didn't look like any rw I'd seen before. it is a killer fretboard. I've never owned an ebony one before. dayum. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Looks better on your doorstep than it does on his couch!
        Screamin'

[/ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] totally. kinda funny the progression of pictures from seller to new owner.

Comment

I don't know which one you prefer sonically(I prefer Ebony myself), but I think Ebony creates a great contrast with the white finish. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice choice ! I've been looking at these myself. Just recently found out they put ebony boards on these. Congrats and enjoy it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I don't know which one you prefer sonically(I prefer Ebony myself), but I think Ebony creates a great contrast with the white finish. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              I don't know either, this is my first ebony fretboard, and playing it yesterday for about an hour, I really couldn't put my finger on any major differences, but it also has a pup I've never played before either. I have to take time to feel it out. but I do love how the ebony looks and feels. it was a nice surprise for me, makes me love the guitar that much more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Vs are great!

Nice catch!
                Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Beustiful, IMHO the best Gibson V is a white '67...
                  '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                  '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                  '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '92 Fender Strat scallop
                  '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                  '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Damn, that is sweet!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I didn't know they made the white ones with ebony boards either. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Uhhhmmm...can I have it? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Ebony typically has a brighter, louder tone to it (somewhat like maple) while rosewood is usually a bit warmer and more mellow sounding. The rest of the components will complete the tone and you may find a rosewood fb guitar that's much brighter than another with an ebony fb. I personally love the look of ebony but I find the slight treble rolloff of rosewood to be tonally desireable for most of the music I play.

Comment

So, the best of both worlds for you Rupe would be rosewood that's been ebonized, right? This is what I hope to do with my King V and Rand.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It looks great and I am glad you are really digging it. V's rock so fuggin' hard. Did I mention, I like Flying V's? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

thanks for the compliments everyone. I was playing the classic UFO on it tonight and it really makes the difference. great sounding instrument that feels and plays killer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                thanks for the compliments everyone. I was playing the classic UFO on it tonight and it really makes the difference. great sounding instrument that feels and plays killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to paly UFO a '67 is definitely the first choice,altought I love its sound in the first Diamond Head LPs as well with Metallica until Master of Puppets...

What about a mirrored pickguard? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                                '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                                '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                                '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                                '92 Fender Strat scallop
                                '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                                '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X