Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my new V

[ QUOTE ]
    What about a mirrored pickguard? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Cheese... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Keep the white! It looks beautiful in all white with Ebony board! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      So, the best of both worlds for you Rupe would be rosewood that's been ebonized, right? This is what I hope to do with my King V and Rand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do that? I don't think that I would alter my Rands in any way just for aesthetics, but I can think of a few other axes that I would consider. Sell me your Rand before you alter it and then buy what you want [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        What about a mirrored pickguard? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Cheese... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Keep the white! It looks beautiful in all white with Ebony board! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I didn't buy this perfect beautiful classic instrument to then fuck it all up with mods. I hate mirrored pickguards. this one will stay stock and classic. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I got a V like yours but in black - the thing that sold it to me was the (apparently) ebony board. I'd always wanted a black V, but didn't really like the look of the rosewood boards that come as stock on Vs. I contacted Gibson about mine & they say that the database indicates that it IS rosewood - IF they're right, it's the blackest rosewood I've ever seen & matches the ebony on some of my other guitars. Whatever - it plays great & the V growls just like it should! Enjoy yours! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            So, the best of both worlds for you Rupe would be rosewood that's been ebonized, right? This is what I hope to do with my King V and Rand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do that? I don't think that I would alter my Rands in any way just for aesthetics, but I can think of a few other axes that I would consider. Sell me your Rand before you alter it and then buy what you want [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh, get in line!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I got a V like yours but in black - the thing that sold it to me was the (apparently) ebony board. I'd always wanted a black V, but didn't really like the look of the rosewood boards that come as stock on Vs. I contacted Gibson about mine & they say that the database indicates that it IS rosewood - IF they're right, it's the blackest rosewood I've ever seen & matches the ebony on some of my other guitars. Whatever - it plays great & the V growls just like it should! Enjoy yours! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              thanks. yeah I've seen rosewood in everything from light brown and streaked to dark and dense. maybe one of the Gibson people gave an ebony bonus to a black V?
              [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
              X