This is my 1993 3 Color Sunburst Strat Plus S/N N3121537
    Options Include:
    3 Fender-Lace Sensors Gold
    Fender-Wilkinson Roller Nut
    TBX Tone Control
    Fender-Schaller Locking Tuners
    Hip Shot Tem Setter
    Strap Locks

I have used this as my main guitar since 93' I have covered Blues, Rock, and Metal with this guitar. The neck is amazing for a Strat. Around this time Fender started to remake the Strat after buying back the Company from CBS. This guitar is what all Strats should be: A step into the future and a link to the ledgendary past

Re: My 1993 Strat Plus

Nice guitars, aren't they?
    Here's my newly aquired 89 Crimson Red Strat Plus S/N E916163

Lace Sensors: Blue, Silver, Gold at neck
    All other hardware the same as yours except for no trem setter.

When I got it, it was a mess. I went all the way through it and set it up with Ernie Ball 10's. I wasn't too thrilled with it at all. On a hunch, I pulled the Ernie Balls and re-set it up with my usual D'Addario XL125's and, lo and behold, the guitar hasn't been back in it's case since!

Comment

10 cheers for strats! I have gone strat and Tele nuts lately, seems like all I play anymore. Here is one of em, a fiesta red CS 1960..Leo had it right I think.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Way sweet......... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I have aways used Fender Supper Bulets 009 set, almost never have to tune. The Trem Setter is pretty cool keeps 0 tention so the bridge comes back to the same spot after using the tremolo. You cant go crazy but it does work. I'm thinking of doing the LSR Roller Nut Mod which is suppose to be a better Nut, but I just don't know. You know anything about the LSR Nut?

Comment

Nice Shawn.I love the Black Tele way cool

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Leo had it right I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Shawn. I think Leo and Les started and finished the whole damn thing in just a few short years.

The LSR nut does look like a better design, but I doubt you'd notice any real difference in performance with it in place of the Wilky.

I'm not a trem guy, so mine has five springs in it sitting on the body. I have no tuning issues! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck, I gotta tell ya, and I have said this to a million buddies (ok, I dont actually have a million friends, more like seven or eight), but I am most happy playing a CS strat, or a LP Custom. I have an R8 Les Paul, which I like alot, but it is more work to play. The CS strats and the LP Custom are like driving a brand new caddy to me. Strat chime from Texas specials, or CS fat 50's is just awesome through an old bandmaster. Simply awesome.

Truth is, that may be why I like these 25th's so much. I wasnt playing guitar in 198?, so I couldnt care less if they "feel" like the old ones. They feel just right to me. Hmmmm.....

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Chuck I'm a Trem kinda guy, so to me I really need it to remain in tune. I wish I knew someone who knew something about the setup of these guitars with the trem setter. To me the floating bridge with the strings thru the body helps give these guitars the great tone they have. I would love to do Dive Bomb stuff with the Trem but thats what my new DKMG is gonna be for. This guitar will always have that great Fender Strat tone, so I think I'll just leave it as is for now.

Comment

Hmm...ya know what? I'm gonna go buy me a trem bar and set this strat up floating. My other guitars (a Heritage H150 and an old Charvel strathead mutt with a blocked brass v-trem) are non-trem in appplication anyway, so I should expirement with this one. It's certainly got the hardware for it...thanks for that inspiration SR!

Shawn, I have actually been snooping around for an old Fender Princeton for my "Blues Moods". I used to have an old, original Bandmaster...awww hell...I've had everything!!
                  And I still don't know what I like. Everything, I think!

Comment

I had a '95 Strat plus. I sure regret selling that one. Damn..

Comment

Chuck I also have a Fender 50 Aniversery Princeton Chorus Amp The Guitar and Amp together sounds amazing. I have an MP3 I can post in the MP3 area for you to check out

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Nice Shawn.I love the Black Tele way cool

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats an 85 Schecter PT, an awesome guitar, and a steal on the market right now. Paid $700, killer guitar!

Shawn
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Shawn does that black Schecter tele have two strap buttons on the bottom?
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

those gold lace sensors sound so awesome
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

*****Around this time Fender started to remake the Strat after buying back the Company from CBS.*****

Actually, Fender was bought back in '85. The first American Standards have a '86 neck date, but most seem to have '87 and an '84 serial number. I have seen one American Standard with an '83 serial, so there must be a few of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X