Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 1993 Strat Plus

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmm...ya know what? I'm gonna go buy me a trem bar and set this strat up floating. My other guitars (a Heritage H150 and an old Charvel strathead mutt with a blocked brass v-trem) are non-trem in appplication anyway, so I should expirement with this one. It's certainly got the hardware for it...thanks for that inspiration SR!

Shawn, I have actually been snooping around for an old Fender Princeton for my "Blues Moods". I used to have an old, original Bandmaster...awww hell...I've had everything!!
    And I still don't know what I like. Everything, I think!

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck, it is my experience that a Strat with trem sounds better with the bridge floating. I must be an oddball, because the "the thing" to do over on the Fender Forum is to block the bridge or have it non floating.

I have been GASing for a Silverface Princeton Reverb for sometime. Unfortunatly the prices have been rising on those the last few years.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Shawn does that black Schecter tele have two strap buttons on the bottom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sir, it does.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Hmm...well, maybe with a trem setter or something in it, but without I cannot deal with the bridge flopping around and taking my tuning with it. Double stops are flat every time, and I play a lot of double stops.
        Nope, back to hardtail for me.

Comment

Concerning strats, lately I have been thinking about buying a SRV strat, but I have a doubt about the neck, the truss rod specifically. Do you know if we must take the neck off for neck adjustments ,like the old strats or it can be adjusted on the body joint? Thanks in advance.

Comment

unfortunately, that's the only thing bad about the SRV Strat, but I got mine right the first time, luckily...and it is a SWEET SWEET guitar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              *****Around this time Fender started to remake the Strat after buying back the Company from CBS.*****

Actually, Fender was bought back in '85. The first American Standards have a '86 neck date, but most seem to have '87 and an '84 serial number. I have seen one American Standard with an '83 serial, so there must be a few of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup thia what I kinda ment I was talking bout the buy back and the few years after, thats when the Strats started looking and playing awesome again

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Concerning strats, lately I have been thinking about buying a SRV strat, but I have a doubt about the neck, the truss rod specifically. Do you know if we must take the neck off for neck adjustments ,like the old strats or it can be adjusted on the body joint? Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Start Plus adjusts up by the nut, dont have to take the neck off, As far as a SRV it is a re-ussue of an older model so I would check first

Comment

Sweet! I've always loved Fender strats but only had one (70's large headstock) but recently got a USA neck and I'm back into them big time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My pointy headstocks are slowly disappearing, I must be getting old [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn, must be getting old huh?
                    pointy=young
                    strat head=old

me too [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    BTW: nice website, the Randy files sound great!

Comment

This I took today, most up to date shot. looks like I was stoned when I took the pic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my Strat, but have one major complaint...22 frets....I need 24.

Comment

I've just ordered my first 24 fret guitar a DKMG I've been a 22 fret guy forever

Comment

That guitar is killer! I almost got a blue burst Strat like that, but I think it might have been the Ultra or Deluxe model since it had the Fender/Floyd locking trem.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X