• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first the TransTrem, now this!

TransPerformance system:

tuning example

video

multimedia page
    I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Re: first the TransTrem, now this!

Thats cool as hell, but I heard it costs about 5000 dollars to do it.

Comment

I lost touch with the guy who made "D-tuna-like" transposing gadgets for the Floyd Rose...damn
      I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

This exists already quite some time, I saw Jimmy (Page) use it in the No Quarter: Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded LIVE video.

We had (or better still have) a project sheduled in my company to make something alike but without mechanical parts involved, build around a DSP unit, which would be much cheaper.. kinda like Line 6 is doin'..

Comment

This thing has been around for years. It is BADASS IMO. If I had the scratch, I would have one.

Comment

No doubt. I wanted one when Page spoke about it years ago in GW.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Doesnt the Roland VG8 do the exact same thing with even more range?..................

Comment

Page used this on the Coverdale/Page album back in '92.

Comment

i gotta have one for my Les Paul or my Strat!!!!!!!! How much do they run?

Comment

Man, that is bitchin'!! However, it's not for me, considering I only play in standard tuning nowadays. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've really only used alternate tunings when playing Goo Goo Dolls songs (not counting regular ol' downtuning for rock/metal applications) and the thing I hate MOST about alternate tunings is how some strings become so much looser in tension while others actually increase in tension, making me play weird... I'm just so used to having similar tensions in all strings.

I always kept one tuning per guitar with a different set of strings for each guitar/tuning. I find that repeatedly increasing/decreasing tension REALLY saps the life out of the strings.

Ideally, if this thing DOES cost like $5000 like Mike said above, I'd rather have multiple guitars in multiple tunings with the appropriate "custom" string sets to maintain reasonable tension on each string. And who knows how much wood you have to carve out of your guitar to accommodate this TransPerformance system.

There's a slightly simpler version of this that I've heard of, called the Hipshot Trilogy multiple tuning bridge. I saw it in one of my Stewart-MacDonald catalogs and was going to have one installed on one of my guitars during my big "gotta have a fixed bridge with multiple tuning ability" phase several years ago, but then I grew to love standard tuning and double locking trems. Who cares if it stifles my creativity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      There's a slightly simpler version of this that I've heard of, called the Hipshot Trilogy multiple tuning bridge. I saw it in one of my Stewart-MacDonald catalogs

[/ QUOTE ]

and u didn't see my TMB-5 for sale in the classifieds? (it's sold already).. I can give u a detailled review of it, but I've found it not so ideal and required a lot of tuning.. all the time in fact (by tuning I mean the position of the 3 levers per string,.. x6).. I've tried also the Variax Acoustic 700 and the principle there (DSP) was better: you just tune the guitar physically in std tuning and the DSP handles it from there.. no sloppy strings etc.. easy.. but I don't think it's available for an electric guitar yet.. my company made a prototype, but it's not finished because handled as a side project.
                      The Trans Trem is way to expensive and comes with a fixed factory setup.. if you turn on the trussrod for example, you can re-initialize.. or better, they'll have to do it for you, and don't even think of using different string sets, you choose one specific = that is programmed = that is to be used.. if changes required, back to the reprogramming.. nope, today you'll have to follow the DSP path IMO.

If there are some electronic freaks who feel the urge to discuss this further, feel free to contact me.

Comment

Working...
                      X