two hum, 24 fret, tremelo equipped with piezo p/u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two hum, 24 fret, tremelo equipped with piezo p/u

I really have GAS, specifically for the Ibanez RG2020X. Two humbucker, 24 frets, floyd trem and piezo p/u.
    Does anyone know of any other guitars with these features?
    I've never owned an Ibanez, but two hums, 24 frets and floyds really get my blood boiling (in a good way) and the piezo just sounds like a kick ass extra to put on an axe.
    thanks,
    NoahNandrewJ [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: two hum, 24 fret, tremelo equipped with piezo p/u

Carvin?

They are one of the few no full on custom shops to offer this...

Ozz

Comment

I didn't think you could get a piezo with a Floyd. Carvin will only offer it with a Wilkinson or hardtail. At least, that was true last time I talked to them, which was a year ago.

Comment

Ohh yeah true Can you get anything other the edge x trems or whatever they call them??

Ozz

Comment

Re: two hum, 24 fret, tremelo equipped with piezo

EBMM JP springs to mind.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Floyd! I think Ibanez is the only piezo floyd maker, well Gotoh but the piezo edge trem's...

Ozz

Comment

Parker has that setup

Comment

my friend has an RG prestige, floyd, piezo, 2 hums, 24 frets. pretty nice guitar. got it off ebay for a decent price

Comment

Ibanez RG620X as well. My local GC has one used in nm condition for $500 I think.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Godin LGXT is a fantastic instrument - trem is a Wilkinson though.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

mm jp you wont want to put it down. great guitar its not a floyd but with the locking tuners it really holds its tune.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Godin LGXT is a fantastic instrument - trem is a Wilkinson though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Amen. Excellent guitar and a great value.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I clamped a disc-type piezo transducer onto an OFR on a Model 2 once and it sounded a LOT like an acoustic - not that thin plasticky piezo/acoustic tone, but more like a miked acoustic tone (more "woody").
                          Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to permanently clamp the transducer, so when you moved the Floyd, you lost the sound.
                          Then I cut a slot under the saddles in the baseplate and put in an under-saddle transducer, but because the transducer was as thick as the baseplate, I couldn't cut the slot deep enough, and the saddles put too much pressure on it. The sound distorted and was very thin compared to the disc.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X