Wolfgang help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfgang help?

Wolfgang, Wolfgang Special, EXP...What the deal? I know it's not that complicated but can someone just lay it all out so I don't have search around the net [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Which one is import, which is archtop, etc...thanks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Wolfgang help?

Special EXP-Import. Still a great guitar BTW. 3 different quilt top colors.

Special USA. Can be single color or earlier quilts. Flat top.

Standard USA. Deluxe model. Arched top. Tone knob added.

All great guitars IMHO. Some people even find they like the pickups on the export better.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Lets see if my memory is good...

Special EXP - flat top, single volume knob, ink stamped serial, grover tuners, cheap cast plate Floyd copy and veneer flametop.

Special - flat top basswood body, single volume knob, no tilt back headstock, no name Schaller like tunners, wood burn serial number and Peavey labled Gotoh Floyd copy.

Special Flametop - Same as Special but with a flame maple top with natural maple exposed on side of top to look like binding.

Standard - Solid basswood archtop body with binding, volume and tone knob, Schaller tuners with ivory keys, tiltback headstock with birds eye neck, wood burned serial, Gotoh Floyd, avalible in white or black.

Standard Deluxe - Same as Standard but with a flame maple top or Goldtop over maple top and pearloid tunner keys.

Comment

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The tones that come out of the Special and Standard are quite different. The non-maple topped Special has a killer hard rock/metal tone with those Custom Dimarzios. The maple topped Standard is much mellower. Almost Tele-ish. I have owned a few of each and I prefer the Special's tone.

The only one I have now is a very rare Special w/Rosewood board. It is the only Special I have seen w/ a rosewood board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The tones that come out of the Special and Standard are quite different. The non-maple topped Special has a killer hard rock/metal tone with those Custom Dimarzios. The maple topped Standard is much mellower. Almost Tele-ish. I have owned a few of each and I prefer the Special's tone.

The only one I have now is a very rare Special w/Rosewood board. It is the only Special I have seen w/ a rosewood board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Fritz 100%!! I have had EXP's, Specials and Standards, some in both Floyd and hardtail too.

Comment

Working...
            X