Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw this and I can only say, "say what"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw this and I can only say, "say what"!

http://www.vintagekramer.com/company59.htm
    I'm sorry and accept my apology if this has been posted previously. Is it just me, this is very obviously way over biased. Granted, I agree the EVH Charvel's are over priced. BUT, a kramer 1984 reissue being a better made/quality guitar then the EVH Charvel's, thats just ridiculous, lets be for real.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Re: I just saw this and I can only say, \"say what\"

obviously biased
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

There is some bias there but Kramer's are truely fine import guitars so I wouldn't have a hard time believing one of their higher dollar import guitars can compete with a USA made guitar in terms of playability. Add to that the overpricing on the EVH art series and I think the guy has a decent point even if its not exactly unbiased.

Comment

the guitars are pretty close spec wise..,eddie's original body was ash i believe)

actually the alder body (if it is true alder who know with overseas production?) on the 84 is closer to ed's original guitar then the basswood used on the Charvel model.the quality of the fit and finish is probably better on the Charvel i suspect.. the 84 could be alder but who know how many pieces glued together?
        obviously with the charvel your paying extra for the paintjob and the name on the headstock

i don't totally agree with his assesment but i can understand his point also

Comment

He forgot to mention the 'ugly' body on the Kramers... (my opinion...)
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I actually prefer the Kramer body style but, of course, neither is better than the other in that respect.

I think the comparison was only slightly biased, and a nice read, overall. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

That Kramer body *is* ugly looking, Charlz. Not sure I can get over that.

Comment

"That Kramer body *is* ugly looking, Charlz. Not sure I can get over that."

Really? I have always liked the baretta style bodies, although I'm not crazy about the hockey stick head.
                If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

I don't see a heavy bias in this read as the guy owns 2 EVH's and has a third on the way. He also never claimed the Kramer was a "better made/quality guitar" than the EVH, just that he thought it had slightly better playability...a completely objective matter. I have seen and played both instuments, and I can confidently say that the fit and finish of the Charvel was no better than the Kramer, although i won't support the claim that the Kramer had better playability but i would say it was equal to the EVH. Unlike the reviewer however, i preferred the pickup in the EVH...slightly less output with a bigger sound and more dynamic in my opinion. If you want a player in that style, you can't beat the Kramer, even by putting together a similar quality parts mutt. If you want something to collect and admire, EVH all the way.

Comment

I believe he was quite objective in his comparison, personal preference seemed to the main point. and price, 2500 bucks versus >500
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

The new Kramer "1984" is a well made product. It certainly offers quite alot of "old-school" vibe for so little cash.

The 80ies Barreta Re-issue should be comming online soon, It again looks bang-on to the original. (Major Kramer Nut)

Gibson is certainly trying hard to produce some quality guitars for the $$$. The Jersey Star re-issue is considered nicer than the original by some.

I'm sure the EVH "Art" Series is well made. However, I seriously doubt it's actually worth anywhere close to it's sticker price. Thats alot of $$$ for a bolt-on.

Hell, it's not much diffent than my Model 2..

I like EVH, but any guitar with the same hardware/wood and build style would be under $1000.00.

Factor in the "stripe" paint job and the EVH association.. $1500.00 at most.

The article has a point, the Kramer offers pretty much the same for alot less.

Comment

Working...
                      X