GMW Firebirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW Firebirds

I spoke to Lee and he mentioned that GMW will be making a neck-thru Firebird for the new line that uses the same body shape as we all know, but with a different six-on-a-side headstock, and some different inlays. The usual 3-piece solid mahogany center, stepped center (front/back), solid mahogany sides and a 5A quilt or flame maple top will also be employed, plus Jackson ivoroid body and neck binding.

I'll get some pictures once done.

Monte

Re: GMW Firebirds

That sounds really tasty. I would like to see what kind of headstock will be used for this one. Hopefully "Harpoon" type won't be standard, because those specs have me GASsing for one.

Comment

this is reassuring to know that they are cranking out firebirds lately so they have their shit down when they get to mine. It will have similar specs to what you mentioned except more Gibson-like qualities and 100% Korina (and a 3-piece neck).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        It will have similar specs to what you mentioned except more Gibson-like qualities and 100% Korina (and a 3-piece neck).

[/ QUOTE ]
        All Korina natural finished Firebird... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Will they be sold under the Empire name?...or GMW?

This is VERY cool to hear!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool!

Comment

under GMW name and yes to Korina specs too!

Comment

Very cool, I actually custom ordered a GMW bird back in Nov 04 and Lee said she is ready for shipping. Polka dot harpoon headstock.
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                X