Warmoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth

How can I get a quote on a warmoth guitar that I want to make?

Re: Warmoth

what do you mean?

Comment

Shoot them an e-mail.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Or call them, they are very helpful...but i dont think they have a toll free number...

Comment

email Ken (he should be on the contact page), I've dealt with him before. He's a great dude and will help you any way he can. In general a full warmoth guitar (parts and all) will run between 700 on the low side and 1200 if you get crazy woods or insane figure tops. Then your looking at a charge on top of that to have it assembled by your local tech. The good thing is that for less than 1800 your getting a guitar that will knock your sock off. I've never played a warmoth I was disappointed in. I strongly recommend talking to one of the warmoth CS reps since they can help you with some of the minor details you may not know. And you may know what you want but not how it translates into the spec sheet.

Aww looks like ken isn't with warmoth anymore, wonder if he went to USA Custom Guitars? Anyways just pick one of the sales reps and email them with what your looking for and they will set you on the path.

Comment

Try bill cook, i recently worked with him to have my warmoth KL Explorer pieced together...

Comment

On an unrelated note, those of you who own Warmoths and have had others assemble them, how much does that generally cost? I mean obviously depends on the luthier but whats the ballpark figure for assembling a complete guitar for someone? I had thought about 200 but maybe its more than that?

Comment

My luthier charged me $75 for assembly, $55 for pickup wiring, and 50 for doing a full setup...

Comment

I was thinking about building a Charvel Replica through them.

Basswood Rear Routed Strat body $175.00

Light Yellow Paint $185.00

Birdseye Maple/Birdseye Maple $217.00

Fender Vintage Bridge Black $44.00

Tuners $40.00

Nut $4.00

Total 665.00
                  Daaaaaaaaamn

Comment

It's not really that hard to get it right yourself. If you know a little bit about set up you're good to go. Although frets might need a dressing. I have 4 necks, (one in the classifieds) and they're all great. I just got a scalloped one.
                    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I'm not good with electronics, pickup wiring and shit like that. I think I could easily put together the bridge, tuners, mount the pu's and anything that involves basic "putting stuff together" but I wouldn't wanna risk fucking up a 1600 guitar because I'm not good at wiring. Even so, I imagine you can put the guitar together and just take it to the tech and have him do all the wiring shit. I could probably do a fine set up myself but if your having them do the wiring might as well let a pro set it up completely and make sure its done as close to perfect as possible. At least with the warmoth I have specced out for when I have enough cash to afford it. Estimated cost of all parts was approx 1680. Still not much more than a USA select.

Comment

Hey chris, if you dont mind letting us know, what kind of guitar are you trying to build???

Comment

Oh no issue with discussing it at all, the idea came from Tim of all people. He was talking in the NAMM thread about the Music Man Rosewood guitars. I was disappointed to find they didn't go all the way with the rosewood construction. So basically I hit upon the idea of using different rosewoods on a warmoth. Each rosewood has its own different tone but all generally have tons of sustain and a big bottom end. I know palisander makes a good neck, and most rosewood bodies seem to be Indian rosewood. I always wanted to try a Malagasy Rosewood fingerboard and top wood wise, Brazilian Rosewood makes for an incredible guitar top.
                          So thats the basic specs, Palisander Neck, Indian Body, Malagasy Fingerboard and a Brazilian top w/ matching headstock. Gold Hardware. H-S and Schaller 425 bridge (the one with the fine tuners (those are very cool!). Rosewood is heavy so I definitely want it to be a hollow body strat.

So there ya go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You can see though why the price was pretty high. But I guarantee you it would be alot more from any custom shop.

Comment

I can do the wiring, and I know who can do me the setup, but I have some questions:

1) will the neck come with its mounting holes? how about the tuner holes and the floyd nut holes?
                            2) will the body come with the mounting holes for the neck and the ones for the floyd?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              will the neck come with its mounting holes?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[ QUOTE ]
                              how about the tuner holes and the floyd nut holes?

[/ QUOTE ]

the holes for the tuners are drilled, and by floyd nut, are you going for a top mount, or the "through the neck" mounting style? if you want the "through the neck" style, yes, they'll do that, but you have to specify that you want the neck prepared for a floyd rose nut. if you're doing this on a strathead neck, you need to get the warmoth pro construction style, so you don't have the back end of the nut hanging over.

[ QUOTE ]
                              will the body come with the mounting holes for the neck

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

[ QUOTE ]
                              and the ones for the floyd?

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the floyd post holes? yes, they'll do that for ya. they'll even install the bushings for you for $10.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X