BC Rich: 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich: 80's

Ok guys, I've been gassing fairly hard over 80's BC Rich stratshaped axes. I'll need a 'player' axe soon, and these things are bang for the buck (hopefully), since i'll be going to university and spending my entire life there for 5 years. I need an affordable player.

So could anyone educate me a bit or point me in the right direction?

I've seen this double hum, floyded red BC Rich strat with triangle inlays and that absolutely orgasmic BC Rich headstock. Anyone able to figure out what the heck I mean? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (Looking in Veli's direction here, too)

Thanks!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: BC Rich: 80\'s

look for serial#s lower than B7xxx. BCxxxxx are later. the early ones i think are much more consistent & better players, BUT those early necks were more prone to breaking, since the used a smaller neck - headstock transition & they also had locknut bolts that went thru the neck. Triangle inlays were usually imports tho anything is possible. with BCR there is no such thing as ALWAYS & NEVER. if possible play the guitar before buying it BCRs from that era are inconsistent. personally i stick to early serial# ST-3's only, ibanez edge trem, grovers,& tophat knobs. anything else is not early enough to buy without playing first.

BTW mor recently BCR used a BOxxx BO for bolton, these sometimes are confused for B0xxx low serial but there not.

Comment

I had a (I believe it was 87) Gunslinger for awhile. One of my favorite guitars, Had to sell it to help buy a car. I regret it deeply. ST-3 (which have that Jackson link) and the Gunslingers are your best bets. I've never played a bad BC Rich from the 80's but I never played anything later than 88 (I don't think) so I'd say anything 80's is safe if the price is right. Make sure its legit though. Since most of those guitars are bolt ons you can get some fakes. There was a good bc rich forum (not official) but I can't remember the site now. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Most gunslingers have cool graphics, mine was a lightning graphic (very similar to jackson lightning sky but not quite as nice). Some of the graphics are pretty rare and command high dollar on ebay for collectability reasons but typically a nice 80's BC Strat will be very affordable for the quality.

Its amazing to me how lucky you can get on ebay with BC Rich's sometimes. Take this one for example
      http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Wave-Guitar-...1QQcmdZViewItem
      If I could afford it I would take this in a heartbeat. That looks to be a maple neck thru 80's wave with koa body wings. For less than 600! What a deal.

This might be right up your alley GOR
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-80s-USA-B-C-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks good to me especially for that dirt cheap price and like you said, its a player guitar you want.

Comment

I'm solely in the market for stratshapes though.

Thanks for the tips guys! Got the serialnumber thing noted, definitly remembering. Gunslingers and ST-3's were what I was thinking of originally.

The model I saw was from an '87 video.

Thanks guys, keep it coming! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, I edited my original post and added a ST-III thats looks super clean. B7 serial. Neck has no usa logo but thats not all that unusual for the some the mid 80's necks. J2379 can probably tell you if thats a good deal or not. But that price is real damn low. I can't imagine that not being a good deal for the kind of axe you want.

Comment

That one's sweet. Won't be going for one right now, though, but soon, very very soon. (Once the paycheck clears [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Comment

That Wave has Mahogany wings and is a MIJ.

Sorry Ward, I have no idea about BC Rich Superstrats, never liked them. Jamie knows a lot about them so he can help you out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Knew it was too good to be true! Horrible picture quality so I couldn't tell if it was Mahogany or Koa, but the MIJ thing makes sense for that price, which begs the question, why is he saying its a USA?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Knew it was too good to be true! Horrible picture quality so I couldn't tell if it was Mahogany or Koa, but the MIJ thing makes sense for that price, which begs the question, why is he saying its a USA?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Because he is a jackass.

Comment

Hey GOR, Markus is selling a super clean STIII, its on the classifieds. Rather than risk getting one from a store or ebay, I'd take a classified deal any day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Check the thread, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool man, I love that guitar, my Gunslinger had almost the exact same paint job. It was this black and white puzzle graphic. Course the Gunslingers are totally different config. If you get that ST-III I am sure you will love it. Always glad to help, thats what the JCF is for right? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Markus in the classifieds has a Q-bert for sale. I personally saw it and played it. If you are looking for a USA BC Rich that KILLS KILLS KILLS, that is the one. Super rare graphic too that looks even better in person. Tony Macalpine has something to do with the graphic. The neck on that particular guitar is outstanding. If it wasn't for the 3 mini toggles it would already be mine. The only thing I hate more than my 5 way rotary switch on my PRS is 3 mini toggles. Now GO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I personally love the mini switches but if your changing pickups quickly its not very convenient. I must be really stupid cause I never noticed that was a Qbert graphic till you said it. I can definitely see it now.

Comment

I had my eyes on one for a while too, i came across a 1 humbucker, floyd rose, maple necked strat shaped gunslinger. Very nice guitar and very nice playability, i didn't get it though because of the gay look pink and black crackle finish. Every 1 hum Bc Rich i've played has been great so maybe look out for them too.
                              93 USA Soloist EDS
                              USA HT6 Juggernaut
                              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                              X