Ibanez Custom Shop Guitars-I am speachless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Custom Shop Guitars-I am speachless

My guitar teacher is endorsed with ibanez guitars and he has a ton of cool custom shops they have built for him since the 80's and at lessons tonight he let me play #6 a blue metal flake RG Custom with Dimarzio pickups that just rocked. I completely whooped my Sl-1 in every way the thing was great, so next summer i am definately having one built for me through his endorsement ($2000+ his cost) They do build a very high quality guitar if you get into the upscale models,the neck was the fastest thing i have ever played, can't wait to own one. Every one should go out and play a $2000 ibanez and post what you think because they really are great guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    This space for rent

Re: Ibanez Custom Shop Guitars-I am speachless

Woooooooooooopeeeeeeeeeee!........................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

ewwwwwwwwww [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Wheres Ron with his spell check and grammar fixing, this post is begging for it!

Comment

I like the look of alot of the Ibanez Customs. Especially Rob Balducci's Purplish RG. I think Ibanez has made a step up in quality in recent years, because both the Ibanez's i own, are great. Especially my RG, it's the nicest guitar i've ever played.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'll not lie, I never really had a problem with Ibeenhad guitars. My very first guitar was some Ibanez strat copy thing but that thing was not great but it did play very well. It cost me all of 200 bucks. I sold it to a coworker for half that and he loved that guitar. He was a pretty damn wicked electric slide guitarist too. The new Ibanez I haven't played but the JPM models of years gone by were just flat out outstanding guitars. I hear similar things about their upscale imports as well. I can believe their custom shop guitars are nice.

Comment

I love Ibanez. I might be the biggest Ibanez supporter on the JCF!!! With that said... I would never spend $2000.00+ on a custom Ibanez when I could spend $1000.00 and get a kick ass Jem or a few high end Prestige models. For $1000.00 you could even get a used USRG20 or 30.

Comment

My Ibanez RG was my main axe for quite some years, then I switched to Fenders and ESPs. Now I can't play my Ibanez anymore because the wizard neck gives me cramps after I play it for 15 minutes :/
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

sorry if i have spell check issues, i don't care english is college sucked and i slept when i went, but cool to hear other people like ibeenhads a little bit, Guitar Center had a USA Custom RG with a GMW Gargoyle pencil graphic that just played wicked, that this was awesome and they only wanted $750 for it but i am a broke college kid who dumped all of his money into his car when i had money so until next summer when my internship starts again it will be then when i go and buy my upscale Ibanez.
                  This space for rent

Comment

I had a USA Custom back in '91 or so. It was damn pretty. However, I didn't really like it that much and it went down the road as part of a trade for a '63 Strat.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Same here. One of the quilt top ones, before the Bunker built ones. I paid a fortune for it, but didn't have it long. Sure was pretty, though!

Comment

Ibanez doesn't have a USA Custom Shop any more, do they? I think $2,000 is a little too much for a Japanese model, no matter how good it really is. Not that there's anything wrong with import guitars, but I'd stick with a USA Jackson or, for less money, you could get a nice USA Carvin. For a little over $2,000, you could get a very nice USA Custom Shop Hamer.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is just my honest opinion on Ibanez from my experience. I had a JEM 6 string. I loved the harmonics and it had better upper fret access than any neck though Jackson.

However, any Ibanez I have heard or played has lacked in tone. The necks are so thin my hands cramp - a thicker neck is much more comfortable for me to play.
                          And I have read that after a while many of them develop a crack where the neck meets the body because their necks are so thin.

For guys with small hands or guys that value speed necks above all else I think they are some of the fastest playing guitars out there.

I like the looks of them and I have heard the USA custom shops were very good but that was heresay.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            sorry if i have spell check issues, i don't care english is college sucked and i slept when i went, but cool to hear other people like ibeenhads a little bit, Guitar Center had a USA Custom RG with a GMW Gargoyle pencil graphic that just played wicked, that this was awesome and they only wanted $750 for it but i am a broke college kid who dumped all of his money into his car when i had money so until next summer when my internship starts again it will be then when i go and buy my upscale Ibanez.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to beat the "grammar" thing to death but I would suggest the next time you "dump" money you spend it on english courses and when you are in those classes.. STAY AWAKE!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]. The only period in the entire above post is at the end. Thats one long sentence bro! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Ibanez endorsed artist Custom Shop is still in California. I'm not sure about that 2000 plus cost bit, though. My understanding was that you got a guitar a year custom for free and something like 2 production guitars a year painted the way you wanted as well, as a lower level endorsee. I know they have different levels of endorsee, but I've never heard of a cost associated with getting a Custom Shop guitar done. I can see the 2000 going to your buddy to give you his free guitar (built to your custom specs, of course), but the add on money makes no sense whatsoever. Anyway, get a 7 string neck through with a piezo bridge and a quilt top, and you should be able to ask whatever you want for it if and when you decide to move it!
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X