Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Honer Jackson copy....anybody here seen one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Honer Jackson copy....anybody here seen one?

Back in the summer of 89 my cousin asked me if I would walk with him to down town Chula Vista in Cali to pick up his new guitar. I said "sure" and we were off. Here are the specs:

Maple Strat body with black and red crackle finish. One heavy assed axe!

Rear routed for one EMG/Select humbucker, volume knob with push/pull coil tap and a Steinburger locking trem that had a switch on it that would change the tuning from standard E 440 down a whole step to D, etc. It never realy worked right.

The neck is a bolt on and has a 22 jumbo fret rosewood fingerboard with a black face Jackson pointy reversed headstock.

Quality wise, this guitar is solid. It plays very well and sounds great. The only thing that it needs is an OFR to replace that Steinburger thing it has.

My cousin is going to give it to me. I can't wait to get it. I will have to send it off to GMW for the Floyd conversion and replace the pickup. I'm going to go with a black/red Duncan TB-6 Distortion. As soon as it gets here I will e-mail somebody here to post the pic for me. I can't find one anywhere. Honer also made Steinburger copies.

Anybody know of these here?

Re: 1989 Honer Jackson copy....anybody here seen one?

I remember that model, the UK guitar mags were always loaded with Hohner ads. I may have a catalogue in my stash - I'll have a dig around and see what I can find.

Comment

Re: 1989 Honer Jackson copy....anybody here seen one?

Cool! It would be neat to see an add for one. My cousin saw an add that made him buy his. I have to wonder if he saw George Lynch or Warren D'Martini playing one somewhere. They are his absolute guitar heros. I kinda of always considered it the poor mans ESP/Jackson.

Comment

Working...
      X