JB Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB Player?

I have the chance to get a JB Player strat at a local pawn shop, specs are: Jackson style pointy headstock with MAPLE fretboard, white and black crackle body with black pickguard and three single coils, crappy two point non locking trem, and some kind of gain boost with a battery box. Is this something I should pick up, or am I looking at trash?

Re: JB Player?

Trash.

Comment

how about for 60 bucks?

Comment

i believe you though, that was my feeling as well...

Comment

Why? Does it play great? Do you need it? Are you gonna play it after you buy it?
          Sounds like a waste of $60 to me.

Comment

actually, it's just the maple board thats got me thinking about it.... (slaps self in face)

Comment

it would probably burn very nicely in your fireplace... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                it would probably burn very nicely in your fireplace... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] ...or make a nice oar for your row boat.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Trash.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am not a great guitar tech but a friend of mine had a JB player and I tried and tried to set it up... your time is worth more than th $60 they ae just trash
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Total garbage. Dont even bother.

Comment

Hold on now....i played Smoke On The Water on one and it handled it just fine thank you...
                        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

The old 80's models weren't all that bad. I used to jam on one at a local shop. I played just about every time I went there. It was a one hum Charvel-like copy with a Strat head. It had a plywood body for sure, red body and matching headstock with 21 fret rosewood board and a vintage trem. All the harware was black and it had a Powersound humbucker and one of those numbered Fender volume knobs. The tech at the shop set it up and actualy built it as it was a parts kit build it yourself kind of deal. I thought it was great, but then again at the ripe old age of 15 I thought the crappy black and white striped Arbor Explorer copy parked next to it was killer too. JB Player, Mako, Arbor, Hondo and Series 10 were the 80's budget metal axe brands to be had. They made a great beginner guitar that also looked cool and gave you some bragging rights to your friends. I'v owned a few Hondos, Arbors and Series 10 axes. Not bad for back in those days. Now, the crappiest Ibanez beats the living snot out of some of these old budget guitars.

My advice is........if it speaks to you it doesn't realy matter what we think.........buy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X