Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baritones

[ QUOTE ]
    whatever dude, the cure fucking rules. log yourself out. lemme know if you need help with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, tell that Sleestack! Time to get the nutnoose out! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

My question is I am wanting to tune the top 5 strings (high to low) up so the guitar is in drop b instead of b standard. Will this have an adverse effect on the neck as far as tension goes? The only difference i noticed is that the strings appear to be a little more difficult to bend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just use thinner strings and you will be able to tune as high as you want without much neck adjustment

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Baritones aren't really a one-trick pony for downtuned metal...Robert Smith used a Fender one on a lot of the old Cure stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Simon Gallup(sp) played the FenderVI. At any rate the Cure are a great band, their hardcore fans are annoying but a great band all the same.

Comment

My experience with a baritone is that the tone is "thicker" and not as "biting" on the high end. Meaning there was not nearly as much high end on the low B string, which, compared to a 7 string, caused it to not be as defined. Some of this is due to the extra thickness of the strings, but some of it is due to the scale length.

Edit: The Cure is a great band.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
          X