• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kramer Ferrington

Anyone have info on the body woods?
    Occupy JCF

Re: The Kramer Ferrington

I had one, and althought it was cool, the top warped pretty badly and for no real reason. I would say since its Korean, and they finished the wood over with solid colors, it would be Asian Mystery Wood.........

Comment

depends on what model, from what i'm seeing here. http://www.vintagekramer.com/company44.htm

funny thing is that they seem to ignore that part. could be plywood or something they don't wanna mention?

it's actually the only kramer i thought wasn't a hideous pos. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, I've been all over that site looking for that info.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

*****it's actually the only kramer i thought wasn't a hideous pos.*****

Really? Have you ever heard one acousticly? They sound hidious! IMO old Kramers are the best sounding Strat/Humbuker guitars out there!

Comment

I have an old original usa (neptune,nj) one.Its an early one. I can try to see if I can give Ya an educated guess on the wood. I have to restring it in the next day or two and I'll let You know. I personally like playing it.Its not the best sounding accoustic but its really cool to play and write with.I got it set up pretty well so its the best playing accoustic I have to play,the most like an electric.
            Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              *****it's actually the only kramer i thought wasn't a hideous pos.*****

Really? Have you ever heard one acousticly? They sound hidious! IMO old Kramers are the best sounding Strat/Humbuker guitars out there!

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, never heard one. was never at all into kramers, so i never bothered to seek one out.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I just sold one to Dave (Budman) a few months back. Maybe he can shed some light on this. I don't remember what kind of wood it was. Other than it sounded like shit.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I don't think they sound like total shit, nor are they the best sounding guitars either. These are acoustics that are meant to be played with an amp. I've got one, I've been wanting one for a very long time and I finally snagged a fix-er-upper. I'm just wanting to know the woods for my own information.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I still have a white one that I got new back in the day....1989 I think.

These are not bad guitars at all for what they are.....they are a thin, small acoustic strat or tele shaped body with an electric neck.

It was not meant to sound like a Martin D45.

To me, they are something different & fun to play.

I have no idea what wood they are made of.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they even have an Explorer acoustic one in there

that's too much [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Well, around the same time I picked this up, I also picked up a Charvette Model 500, which is basically the same thing. I will definitely be on the lookout for more.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I saw a 12-string Ferrington at a pawnshop this past weekend, and it had ridiculously high action, which I couldn't totally explain by neck bowing. A closer look revealed that the bridge had actually pulled up in the back due to tension and warped the top of the body. In other words, the bridge wasn't pulling off the body or coming undone, it was actually pulling the body top with it! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I'm looking for a cheapo 12-string acoustic/electric, but needless to say, that's not the one.

Comment

Working...
                          X