Gibson Gothic LP or V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Gothic LP or V

Anyone own one or have any pics of one? What do you think of them? I pulled my LP Studio out of its case over the weekend, cleaned it up, strung it up, and then remembered why I've kept it all this time and would never sell it. However, I've grown to love the wonderful ebony boards that Jackson has provided us, especially the blank one on my SL2, and the thought of a nice smooth satin finish like on my SLSMG makes me smile too. So I'm considering picking up one of these two. I love the LP shape, but sometimes the weight bugs me, as does the upper fret access. I realize a V won't have the same growl as an LP, but normally they are lighter and the upper access is killer. So, what are your thoughts on these! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Gibson Gothic LP or V

I like the Gothic LP. The V does have the same growl but the last one I had wasn't balanced and would headstock dive.

Comment

I had a Gothic LP Studio and i LOVED it. I regret selling it. I ended up putting a ZW EMG set in it and it was amazing. The ebony fretboard killed and the all black hardware with the satin body made it look bad ass. The stock pickups were fine but i wanted a bit more growl. I will pick up another one for sure at some point.
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Man, that is sweet. I bet the EMG's did look and sound awesome in it. Thanks for fueling the GAS!

Comment

I've never played the LP but I have tried the V and the explorer. Both played nice and sounded pretty good with the stock pickups in them. Actually, my friend with the explorer is/was selling his. Not sure if he still has it or not.

Comment

As an owner of a white '67 RI Gibson V(ebony board too) I can definitely vouch for an ebony boarded V. They are awesome.

Comment

I remember the Gothic LP's being rather nice to play and sounded pretty good too. Wish i could find one
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yeah they are pretty cool guitars. the bodies are thinner than the regular version and the paint is a matte paint that gets direty pretty quick.
                i remember musiciansfriend blew them out for like $500 w/ case a couple yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                X