Danelectro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro?

Ok, I recently read where the Dano's they put out a few years ago are becoming desireable and harder to find, so on a whim I checked EBay - my God! A Purple Sparkle DC-12 has been bid up to $425!?! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    I paid that for my Black DC-12 a few years ago!

Lots of Completed items had BINs, and they ranged from $100 to $350 - didn't really see many "bidding" listings, and the few I did see weren't for DC-12s.

So what can I really sell this thing for? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Did they move from Korea to Japan at some point? Mine's Korean.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Danelectro?

I just saw a used one in a guitar store for $180. Basically brand new - DC12.

Comment

Re: Danelectro?

They are all over the board really. I've seen them for next to nothing in stores and for what I consider crazy high prices on Ebay and in Vintage Guitar magazine (300-500). The black Page guitars bring the most and some of the rare/mistake colors also bring a bit more. I bought one these mistake color DC models to eventually resell but it developed a fnish crack in the neck right where a headstock splice would be. I don't believe there is any structural damge as I actually tried to snap it off and it wouldn't budge. Even though it is sound, I doubt that I would be able to sell it for a premium as most buyers would be wary of this finish crack so it is now a player, and a great one at that.

Comment

Working...
      X