$10.00 Yard Sale Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10.00 Yard Sale Guitar

Snagged this yesterday for 10 bucks. Shown "as-found". I'll have it cleaned up, set up, strung up, with new pickups installed by this afternoon.

Re: $10.00 Yard Sale Guitar

Ibanez Roadstar for $10?!?! Can't go wrong can you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

All done...very good player, nice and light, GREAT feeling/playing neck.

Comment

If SRV was Japanese, this would have been his guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I bet it's nice, those are decent overall.

Just think, the cheap guitars when I was a kid had plastic fretboards and no concept of intonation. Now you can get stuff like this at a yard sale!
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

WOW, that's the deal of the century! Roadstars are damn fine guitars!

that's why i like going to yard/garage sales and pawn shops, you get the occasional one who doesn't know what he has at all! that's how I got my 1980 Gibson V project for $100, all parts were there, the finish is just stripped...

Comment

Yep, the Roadstar II is an awesome guitar. You got an awesome deal there. I have a natural ash one with dual humbuckers and it rocks (picked it up for $150 back in '84)!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              that's how I got my 1980 Gibson V project for $100, all parts were there, the finish is just stripped...

[/ QUOTE ]I'd love to see a pic of that V project if you have one!

I love Gibson V's. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Why can't I ever stumble on a sweet deal like that?!

Great find!

Comment

Damn Doug......you've been doing very well at yard sales lately.

I always keep an eye out for guitars....but no luck here.

Comment

that...is an awesome deal. Are those Lawrence p/u's or S/D stacks?

Comment

all i ever find at yard sales are teisco and harmony broken down junks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        that...is an awesome deal. Are those Lawrence p/u's or S/D stacks?

[/ QUOTE ] Pickups I put in are Carvin stacked singles...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          all i ever find at yard sales are teisco and harmony broken down junks.

[/ QUOTE ] It took the month of September and at least 30 yard sale stops to find this one guitar. I enjoy the hunt [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            that's how I got my 1980 Gibson V project for $100, all parts were there, the finish is just stripped...

[/ QUOTE ]I'd love to see a pic of that V project if you have one!

I love Gibson V's. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

eventually, I only have have a new pickguard (and for the headstock, at least I think it looks cool, anyway) for it so far, I still haven't gotten around to the refinishing yet:

Comment

Working...
                            X