Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Paul - Almost Done - Big Pictures!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Les Paul - Almost Done - Big Pictures!!!

Oh wow, that was originally mine. I got it off ebay and just flat out didn't have the time to do it right so I sold it to a JCF bro for the life of me I cannot remember who. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

That looks really nice and I am glad it is geting restored.

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Thanx Irfaan,

I always wanted to do a refin right, so with the help of Reranch.com and lots of surfing, I think it came out okay. I wanted it nice, but not perfect, cause it's an older so some binding edges aren't perfect. Otherwise, I'm happy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awsome, really [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Can't remember the last time I REALLY liked a Les Paul, but that one is just beautiful now:drool:

Comment

Hey Matt - when you originally got the LP, was it already glued together or did you do that your self?

Hey Ifraan - where in Brooklyn are you? I used to live in the Bay Ridge area but now I'm in Northern NJ - do you ever go to Maggio Music? Nice guys, decent prices and great tech work.

Comment

I'm actually on the other end of where you were, in Park Slope. I know Maggio's, but I haven't gone there in years. Last time I went in was to try out an amp for my friend (Warhead combo when it just released, which shows how long ago that was) That place was cool, but a car drove right through their store about a year or two ago and I haven't seen it since they re-did the place. Since my friend opened his own guitar shop on the lower east side I haven't really been anywhere else

Comment

Holy Crap, That is Cool
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

killer job on that LP man! I just refin'd a Tele so I know the amount of work that you put into that. yours looks way nicer than the one I did.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Awesome work man, awesome work!!!

Comment

dude...i'm speechless!

your work is stunning! i wish i could do something even remotely close! thats just awesome!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hey Matt - when you originally got the LP, was it already glued together or did you do that your self?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was all glued together but the headstock seemed flimsy, so I redid it. I cut through the original reapir, drilled out holes for 4" bolts (no heads) and epoxied it back together. I got it off a guy that was selling them on ebay, but he eventaully got into a bunch of shit for gluing together mis-matched parts. I did do some sanding on the body and was gung-ho for getting it done, but I just didn't have the time to do it right. When I got it, it was just wood, so I got some of the parts that I think you got with it. They were all genuine Gibson parts. That is sooooo cool seing it almost finished.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Matt,

Thanx for the history on the guitar. I wasn't sure about the headstock repair, so on the bass side, I drilled a 1/4 in hole thru the seam and glued a 1/4 inch dowel. It wasn't until I was drilling that I found the bolts - I acutally took part of one out, I think. After glueing th bass side and seeing the actual repair, I just left the treble side, since the tension will be lower on that side anyway.

I learned tons of woodworking and finishing skills on this, which I would consider an "advanced project". Well, my next refin should be much easier.

Thanx again - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn't realize that about the headstock, either. I just knew ebay > Matt > Pat > Me > Pete.

I should have paid more attention to these threads... damn work has kept me away.

Hey, I recognize those "before" shots! That's my house / rig / other guitars! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, some of them... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just amazing work, Pete. I'm very happy that after all this time she gets to be a real guitar, and a beautiful one at that. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Keith
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I'd like to know what fool cut the thing in half in the first place. That's amazing! Great job putting her back together [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

great work an that restore...you should be proud of it.

I see some guys are from Brooklyn. I was born and raise there. I know Maggios Music well.

Nice to know some neighbors are around
                            Monte

Comment

Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Awesome, that´s a real beauty!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X