Any petrucci EBMM owners? Curious about it's feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any petrucci EBMM owners? Curious about it's feel

Havent had the chance to play one, but I love EBMM's necks and feel.

Any opinions on them, is the neck asymetrical like the AXIS/Wolfgang esque necks?

Chime in EBMM JP owners [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Any petrucci EBMM owners? Curious about it\'s feel

I don't own one but I've played a few - they're like a medium-thin D-shaped neck. Extremely comfortable for me.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I heard it is. I'm not sure about what asymetrical, but i will tell you, its a killer neck, on a wonderful (if you like basswood, i suppose) guitar. I love mine.

Comment

I love basswood (from my wolfgang days, but basswood WANTS the right pickup selection)

Tim, your a wolfgang owner are you not, could u compare the necks from memory, or that'd be too tough.

The JP6 is everything I ever wanted in an AXIS/Wolfgang. Thats why im curious about the neck, if it was the same profile as a Wolf/Axis, id be all over it like *insert not funny metaphor here*

Comment

Don't own one, but have played a few..one of the most comfortable and well balanced guitars I've picked up in a long time. If the necks had not had some construction issues come to light in the beginning production, I would have sprung for one long ago.

Comment

Too many high priced options out there [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Im debating if I should go for a JP EBMM, another SL2H, or a total Warmoth with a Wolfgang profile neck (the Axis would be in hopes that the neck would be similar to the axis)

However, I much prefer a solid well built guitar right from the get go as opposed to a parts guitar that doesnt have the same nice contours, welkll designed stable heel, etc.

Comment

I had a Ibanez JPM once upon a time, and I have played the EBMM JP model extensively and the JPM is a far nicer guitar in my opinion, guitar companies not withstanding. The neck on the JPM was slightly thinner and I think a little more rounded and it just felt alot faster. Construction wise woods, pickups and wiring are mostly the same. I do like the bolt on construction of the EBMM better though, its absolutely ROCK solid. However if you can find a JPM on ebay I think thats a better guitar (cheaper to if you can snag it before a collector does). I got my JPM-2 for 700 and it sold some time later on ebay for 900 some. I really really regret letting that guitar go.

Comment

I have an EBMM JP-6. The neck is much thinner than say a Jackson SL-1. Its about 17.5mm @ 1st fret and 42mm wide. It feels a lot like an Ibanez Prestige neck but with a more rounded feel. It is an asymetrical slim ( shape. I would say its nothing like the Axis/Wolfgang necks. Those are much much thicker and narrower.

Prior to owning my JP-6 I was playing a PRS Custom 22 w. a Wide Fat neck. When I first got my JP-6 I had to readjust my hand positioning. My thumb would cramp up esp. when playing barre chords. The JP neck forced me to have a lighter touch which is a good thing.

Comment

Re: Any petrucci EBMM owners? Curious about it\'s

The most comfortable guitar I have ever laid my hands on.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X