Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come, sail away on the BTB007 guitar journey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come, sail away on the BTB007 guitar journey..

[ QUOTE ]
    That is very interesting. What was it that made you like the 3120 the best? I've been thinking of getting one myself, though the recent price increase, pickup switch, and move away from off-center dot inlays is making me hesitate. (I do really like the new Dark Amber color, though). How does the 3120 neck compare to a Jem 7VWH? I love thin necks, and while I love my 7VWH, I like the (thinner) Super Wizard neck on my RG520 even better. If the 3120 had a neck like the Super Wizard, I'd probably go for one.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The neck was just so comfortable for me. It is a Wizard neck, thinner than a Jem neck. And, the body was mahogany with natural binding. I found a red one from 2001 for my friend this spring that he bought. I may have to see if he'll sell it to me in a few years. Look for a 2001 or 2002 model, either red or blue. They pop up on the bay pretty often.

Comment

The DNA looks amazing and love it!

Comment

Quite a journey
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Nice collection. Just curious.. what do your 2 young daughters do to prohibit you from playing electric guitar?
          I have 3 kids and I have never missed a beat. When my kids were all toddlers and younger I actually had band rehearsal at my house once a week. Just curious. Your reponse could be a public service announcement for the JCF bro's out there who think they can have their cake and eat it too after they are married! BTW... beautiful selection of Jems. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife stays home with them, so when I get in the door, I'm pretty much on duty, if you know what I mean. And, I'd much rather be playing with them than guitar right now anyways. I'm pretty good at being "Dad" right now which I love. I guess I should't be placing any blame their way, it's all me. I will buy another Jem in a few years and play electric again.

Comment

Glad to see someone else to prefer a 3120 to a JEM. I think the JEM's are awesome, but they just don't do it like a 3120 does. The high E strings on all Ibanez' fall off the necks pretty easy, and I find the worst cases of that on the JEM's. The 3120 on the other hand is much better. It's the perfect guitar for me, and that's coming from someone who was a die-hard Charvel fan for awhile. The 3120 just did me in! My 3120 is in twlight blue, BTW. Anyways, awesome journey you've had there!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Glad to see someone else to prefer a 3120 to a JEM. I think the JEM's are awesome, but they just don't do it like a 3120 does. The high E strings on all Ibanez' fall off the necks pretty easy, and I find the worst cases of that on the JEM's. The 3120 on the other hand is much better. It's the perfect guitar for me, and that's coming from someone who was a die-hard Charvel fan for awhile. The 3120 just did me in! My 3120 is in twlight blue, BTW. Anyways, awesome journey you've had there!

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, even though I do miss the 3120 the most, my next guitar is still going to be a Jem. With my four Jems I've owned, I never had a problem with the high E string too close to the edge of the fretboard. That should be an easy enough fix with a bolted on neck.

Comment

I don't have that problem with my 7VWH either, and I'd notice, because guitars that do that are a pet peeve of mine.

Comment

I salute your decision to put family first. Having the acoustic guitars handy is not only nice for you but it might spark some musical interest in your daughters somewhere down the road, too.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Dude can you post or send me some picts of that H-65?
                    I've been wanting one since Mike Derks (Bal'Sac) showed me his on a DBX tour.

The infamous Pinky.

Comment

A DNA Jem!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Even if you don't play electric, you should have kept that one as a collector.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I salute your decision to put family first. Having the acoustic guitars handy is not only nice for you but it might spark some musical interest in your daughters somewhere down the road, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! My 2 1/2 year old has already told me she wants a pink guitar for Christmas!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Dude can you post or send me some picts of that H-65?
                          I've been wanting one since Mike Derks (Bal'Sac) showed me his on a DBX tour.

The infamous Pinky.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          That's one of the guitars that my pictures are on my old computer. I'll probably salvage them over the winter.
                          I also have it marked in my records as an H-85, not 65. I'm really not sure which model it is now.

Comment

My daughter wants to play my electric instead of my acoustic, so I guess it takes all kinds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X