What the heck is this guitar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is this guitar???

It has a gold Gotoh Floyd on it. The tuners are also gold and have VERY small Gotoh logos on them. It has a fat neck, similar in profile to a Jeff Beck or Stevie Ray Vaughan strat. The 2 hums are Dimarzio's. It originally was green snakeskin and it had 1 volume control where I circled it in the pic. It also has an unusual trem block which only allows the trem to be dived town. The trem block is made of metal and looks like a factory install because the sustain block cut out is contoured to fit it.I circled it in the pic. The headstock is blank and almost looks like a cross between a Hamer and a Kramer. It is a very high quality feeling neck. The neck plate is a Ft. Worth plate and reads 241725 although I don't think this is a Charvel/Jackson guitar. It feels like a Kramer to me.
    This guitar was purchased used in around 1994. It has a straight pull head stock with a wrench holder and jumbo frets. The body is medium weight. Any ideas?? Here are the pics:

Re: What the heck is this guitar???

It's not any Hamer that I know of. But that trem reminds me of the Kahler Steeler that was on my old Cali. It had a little contraption in the cavity that would allow ou to block the trem, I believe by spinning the bar.

Comment

Parts guitar? looks like a modded model series body with a gibson, kramer or warmoth neck? any markings on the neck heel?

Comment

it looks like an epiphone headstock.
        This space for rent

Comment

That Epiphone headstock is rounded at the tip. Mine has a straight edge on it. Its also shorter than the one you have pictured. On top of that... the Epi you pictured has a squared off fretboard. Mine is rounded on the edges. The 22nd fret overhangs the neck. Also, my neck doesn't have a truss rod cover. The truss rod adjustment is done at the heel. The trem is clearly marked Gotoh with a litle curved arrow logo before the name. It accepts a clamp style bar. I also forgot to mention that it has a Kramer styled gold oval football style output jack bezel.

Comment

"it looks like an epiphone headstock"

Yea, and my VW Beetle looks like a Ferrari.
            "POOP"

Comment

Hondo? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but when I see the first pic with the circle and the dot it reminds me of well... boobies!
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Didn't some Washburn models have a headstock similar to that?

Comment

Definitely reminds me of a Kramer.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Kramer Headstocks were more of a foot or a jackson with a curve at the tip like this...

Dont recall anything like that.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Definitely reminds me of a Kramer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to take the neck off tonight and check it. The tuners look like they are vintage Gotoh Chevron tuners that came on the early San Dimas Charvels. The headstock is a straight pull. I am guessing its a mid 80's Kramer replacement neck. The puzzling thing to me is the truss rod adjustment at the heel and the skunk stripe. Its a fat profile. Actually, it feels very similar if not exactly the same as an old Kramer "A" series USA Pacer that I used to own. Its a really cool guitar. I want to replace the neck plate with a plain gold one. Its a great player.

Comment

What happened to your pics, bro?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            What happened to your pics, bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its that stupid Onlinerock server. After a set amount of people view the pics they lock it down. Go figure....

Comment

It said it looks like one, I was only offering a suggestion. I realize it is not it perfectly but it mearly looks similar. Germandeth if you can't give helpful advice shut up. I don't see a suggestion from you.
                              This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                              X