Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What the heck is this guitar???

[ QUOTE ]
    It said it looks like one, I was only offering a suggestion. I realize it is not it perfectly but it mearly looks similar. Germandeth if you can't give helpful advice shut up. I don't see a suggestion from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the pic and the suggestion but pleas lay off Mark. He was just funnin and you gotta admit, the only similarities between my neck and the EPI neck you posted is that they are both guitar necks. Its completely different bro. For example:
    Headstock shape is different
    Truss rod adjuster is in a different spot
    Fretboard shape at the bottom fret is different
    Thats alot of differences. That is what Mark was joking about. Thanks for trying to help me out though. I appreciate it.

Comment

Jeez, blasted by DippyTim and OkieGreen in one day! Ouchie!

Just funning dude. As for advice, here's some. Don't invest through Merril Lynch. The End.
      "POOP"

Comment

More details.
        I took the neck off. No markings at all. When I took the Floyd off I noticed that it originally had a different trem on it. There are 2 doweled holes where the original trem posts were. They are pretty close together measuring 2-1/4 on center. The new trem posts are the direct body mount with the screwdriver slot heads. I don't believe that this is even a Charvel body. The pickups in it are a Dimarzio DP159 in the bridge (Evolution) which is a black back pickup and the neck is a Dimarzio brass back but with no part # on it. I measured the impedance and it is surely a DP100 Super Distortion. The pots are Dimarzio also.

Comment

Could be an early DiMarzio, or an early Chandler.
          Email me the pics and I'll throw them up on Photobucket.

Comment

Comment

Gibson bolt-on Wayne Charvel thingy?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Gibson bolt-on Wayne Charvel thingy?

[/ QUOTE ]

But Gibson didn't do a truss rod at the heel. Also, Gibson's headstock was alot different. Looking in the screw holes in the body, its most likely mohogany.

Comment

to be honest the headstock almost looks like it has been reshaped...chandler made a non tilt pointy headstock years ago...it also almost resembles my 84 baretta headstock...probably the look someone was going after...but it's definitely not an 84 baretta neck as they don't have skunk stripes...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The headstock doesn't look reshaped to me but you never know. It feels like a Chandler to me for sure but it isn't marked anywhere. I have never owned a Chandler neck that was totally blank.

Comment

i dunno...it may not be reshaped...but something about the shape of it screams that it was once a pointy headstock to me...never seen that actualy shape used on a headstock before...similar yes...but not that exact shape...could be something somebody made for them selves for all we know...basically tho...it probably doesn't matter what it is as long as you like it...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The other unusual things about it is the straight pull headstock and the truss rod adjustment at the heel.
                        Yea, I like the neck so it really doesn't matter who made it. JG

Comment

looks like a chandler to me

Comment

Yes I agree it is a Chandler banana head that has been reshaped. I have a couple of these necks at home.

Comment

it's too bad that they don't still do aftermarket parts. i've got some chandler bodies and a neck, and they're just great.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I striped it last night using white polyester adhesive stripes. I did horizontal and vertical stripes. I also did a complete set up on it and new strings of course. The Evolution bridge and Super Distortion neck pickup combination is excellent. The guitar also has 2 volumes and a 3 way mini toggle pickup selector. I was going to switch it to 1 volume with a LP pickup selector and turn the mini toggle into a coil tap but the wiring job on this guitar is outstanding. I am a big fan of good wiring and this guitar is a total pro job done back around 1993. I'll post pics tonight of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X