Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the ultimate Heavy Metal guitar

[ QUOTE ]
    i have to agree that the gibson flying V was the first "Heavy Metal" guitar. but what about the dean and the explorer? 2nd and 3rd?

there really is no "ultimate HM gutiar". everyone has there own preferance. ted nugent shreds guilds. i don't consider them to be HM guitars. but he can make them sound that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilds? Ted Played a Gibson Byrdland except for his PRS days in Damn Yankees, and I thought he was back to Byurdlands. You sure about that?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'd say Glenn Tipton's Explorer-esque Hamer (forget what it's called). There's a video on the Priest site of him and KK going through all their guitars, and he explains how he made that one up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I freakin love that guitar. METAL! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wait, has no one mentioned the holy grail of flying V's yet? Without a doubt the ultimate expression of the perfected metal guitar is the Y2KV, it's got everything that makes the V great but takes it to a higher level, damn that guitar is sexy!
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The 'higher level' of Metal:

Comment

I would say any type of pointy - V, RR, KV, Explorer, etc.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
            X