Quickest way to get this: heavy strat modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickest way to get this: heavy strat modding

I believe this to be the ultimate guitar for me. I was wondering what the quickest (and er, cheapest [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) way to get there was? I was thinking model 3a with a maple neck...Or a model 3a body with Warmoth neck, or all warmoth. OrR do any other brands had pointy strats necks made of maple similar to this?

Re: Quickest way to get this: heavy strat modding

it may not be the cheapest way but i'd go all warmoth so you can get everything 100% the way you want it.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Maple neck model 2 (I think they did one), a new scratchplate and a little bit of time with a router (or chisel, if you're a hack [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The pickup setup looks like my Fusion Deluxe's (I've seen them with maple FB's as well), but no pickguard. Still might be worth a look. You might be able to get a custom pickguard to fit the Deluxe the way you want.

Comment

Nah it has to be Strat shape for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I tried the Warmoth one, it comes up way too expensive. It'll probably be MightyMite stuff... Anything cheap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Problem is, I'm not aware of anyone but Warmoth who'd do a standard Strat body, routed HxS and with the jackplate on the side [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Nah it has to be Strat shape for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I thought Fusions were a Strat Shape LOL! I guess I'm not as picky when looking at strat shapes.

I guess going for a single hum body like you mentioned and routing a single in there is probably the best choice.

Are you sure you don't want a strat head with that? I just seems like it would be more natural to have a strat head on that.

Comment

Nooo, it's a heavy metal guitar, it has to be pointy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Come on man, you're on the Jackson forums here!

Comment

Blackhorse guitars would build the body for you, most likely cheaper than Warmoth.

Comment

If you can dig a Kahler fulcrum trem, then go grab a 1986 Model three with a pickguard, swap the neck with any of the Charvel Model series that had maple necks, buy a blank pickguard and route out the pickup pattern that you want and BANG there is what yer lookin for.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nooo, it's a heavy metal guitar, it has to be pointy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Come on man, you're on the Jackson forums here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, then you have to replace those dot markers with Crosses [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah... that's the next step, for my custom RR in 20 years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've never heard of Blackhorse guitars... And for me, I believe Europe would just be better. But I'll check them out, thanks!

Comment

your cheapest way without a doubt would to get a model 3a and swap the neck for a maple one. You can order the pickguard thru wdmusic..if you went warmoth the body alone will cost ya about a what a 3a would bring in used
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X