Washburn X-50 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn X-50 Pro

Anyone have one of the new Washburn X50 Pro's? What's the neck like? How is the quality of Washburn guitars in general?

Re: Washburn X-50 Pro

Are you talking of this model? Ebay auction

I have the X-50 Black and Red (click here) that I got from Music123 on close-out for $199 w/ship. These originally come with Washburn 921 & 923 pickups. I also have the rare X-50 PRO-E which comes with active EMGs and ebony fingerboard (ebay for $349). Both guitars are great, neck thru, comfortable neck shape (very Jackson/Charvel like), arched top, string thru and the Buzz tuning system. I rate these comparable to the ESP LTD H300 and Schecter C-1 models that feature similar neck-thru/tunamatic. I have the ESP and the Schecter and the Washburn neck feels better and the guitar balances better when playing. The Buzz tuning system is a definite plus, it really does make chords and such sound much better in tune. Due to the Buzz system, I'd rate the X-50 better over the LTD or Schecter models.

What price have you seen the X-50 for?

Comment

I've played a few of those at a local guitar shop. I was quite impressed. If I ever come one at a great price, you can bet your ass I'll grab it

Comment

Now that I've seen a picture you jogged my memory. I've played one of those at a local store. It wasn't bad at all but the guy wouldn't come off of MSRP whish I believe was $899? or 999?
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

The Pro models have the Seymour Duncan pickups...........

Comment

Yes, that's the one, but it has a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and '59 in the neck. It's $649 with the case. It's also not a neck thru now, it's got a set neck, mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood board. Thanks for the info.
            Cuthroat, who carries Washburn in Memphis?

Comment

Bob Fisher's Music town on Summer Ave. carries washburn. Last time I was in there, he had a few of the x series guitars that played rather nice. I've bought an amp from him years ago with no problems at all, got a great deal on a crate half stack. Never bought a guitar from him though but bob is good people. Being that I live down the street from music town, I do buy all my guitar accessories there.

Also, try Strings and Things in midtown and Guitar Center on Stage road (Near the wolfchase Mall). Not exactly sure but they may carry a few.

Comment

Thanks! I'll check 'em out next time I'm over there.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The Pro models have the Seymour Duncan pickups...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Which models have the EMGS?
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

EMGs came in the signature models for that BLS guy.........

Comment

He had an X50 sig model? I didn't know that.

A friend of mine just picked up an X50 for a stupid cheap price. I haven't seen it yet, but he says it is black with orange binding on the body and neck, just like that series of guitars that Washburn made back in the 80s (A20s & Vs I think). I'm gonna have to go over to his place and check it out. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about the Face Eraser, which isnt even BLS, its Shadows Fall, and its based on the NX6. As for the black and reds, they were flashed out of Music 123 for real cheap. They were a great deal. As for any X50s with EMGs, they might have been a special order thru Boogie Street..........

Comment

You don't happen to have a pic of a black and red do you Kurt? I assume Washburn put them out as a tribute/flashback to the 80's kinda thing. Too bad I didn't even know they existed. I would have bought one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            EMGs came in the signature models for that BLS guy.........

[/ QUOTE ]
                            this guitar is based on the Idol
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Paul, I will email you the only picture I believe I have. I probobly have more, I just dont know where..........
                              As for the EMGs, I found out, they were called the X50 Limited. I will email you a couple of shots of those..........

Comment

Working...
                              X