Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My newest acquision has FINALLY arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest acquision has FINALLY arrived!

This particular Dean Mach VII Jet Double was built for guitar virtuoso Michael Angelo Batio and appeared on display at Dean Headquarters in Tampa, FL. It also appeared at every NAMM event since 2003, and served as Michael's backup guitar on while tour. Only two of these guitars are in existence today. The Mach VII appeared in the July 2005 issue of 'Guitar World' magazine and was the main feature, which included a fold-out centerfold photo. The guitar was designed by Dean Zelinsky of Dean Guitars, and the artwork was done by accomplished painter Dan Lawrence. The following is a quote from angelo.com, along with a link, in regard to the Double Guitar:

"Dean Guitars built Michael a brand new Double-Guitar in January 2003, then another one, the Mach 7 Jet Double in October 2003. Both of the Dean Double-Guitars were designed by Dean Zelinsky. A duplicate of the Mach 7 Jet Double-Guitar is on permanent display at the Dean Guitars Florida headquarters and is on exhibit at every NAMM show."

http://www.angelo.com/the_double-guitar.html

The following is a quote from pro-music-news.com:

"Zelinsky says, "I added the military jet finish to exemplify the astonishing speed and precision that this guitar will be played with because watching a Batio performance has the awe factor of watching an F15 Fighter Jet takeoff.""

http://www.pro-music-news.com/html/03/e31120de.htm

Re: My newest acquision has FINALLY arrived!

Very cool! Now how about a video of you playing it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you want me to use my feet or my hands Travis? LOL
      (like it matters) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Shit, use your dick for all I care. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you play both necks at the same time (and sound good doing so) you can have a beer on me. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Congrats, again.

Comment

Great score!!!! I've seen Batio playing that thing. Truely amazing. Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very, very, very cool. A true collectible piece, and a definite part of Dean history. Congrats on scoring it!

Do you mind sharing the story of how you managed to get your hands on it? From Dean? Or Michael himself?

Comment

Great score but next time can you plase show us a few more pics [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was on dial up when I hit this post, doh !!

Comment

Congrats on an amazing guitar - very cool. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Thanks bros!

And yes, clicking this post in dial-up mode can be hazardous! LOL

I happened to be on the Dean forum and I asked if MAB had a signature model. One of the dealers approached me and said that there wasn't an 'official' Dean sig for Mike, but he supplied me with an inside scoop that MAB was looking to sell his personal guitar (Dean doesn't sell directly to the public no matter what the circumstances.) He said that it was with Dean Z in Tampa and that he would contact me if he could do anything. Well, after about two months of back and forth and display, etc, the rest is history. Mike knows I have the guitar now, and in addition to a signed poster of him with the guitar (he wrote "congrats on buying my double") Dean Guitars is putting together a letter of authenticity, and in addition, a framed certificate of authenticity signed by Michael. It should be here by this weekend.

Comment

Nice score... that thing is just sick.
                    Nice Dan Lawrence paint job as well. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    -Rick

Comment

very cool score!!! look at it this way, if you can't get a hang of playing both sides at one time get a lefty guitarist in your band and stand side by side on stage playing them LOL.

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

awesome.......awesome to the max! that is a true collectors piece. any insight as to why MAB sold it?
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

very unique and super cool...congrats
                          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Holy shit, nice score! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool guitars....But I especially love the case....A great road case is one of the best investments a musician can make !

Comment

Working...
                              X