Gibson custom shop prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson custom shop prices

Hey, guys, my friend wants to get a custom shop Gibson Les Paul. How much do you think he will pay? Are there any online dealers for Gibson, like we have for Jackson? He can get in in Japan, but usually it's cheaper in US, IMO.
    What do you think?
    Thanks a lot!

Re: Gibson custom shop prices

Try the Les Paul forum. They have a list of trusted dealers there.

www.lespaulforum.com

-Mark

Comment

A Gibson Custom Shop guitar is going to cost an assload of money. About 10 years ago a guy I know had a left handed Les Paul special double cutaway made in a basic finish (tobacco burst maybe?). Back then that cost him $2800 at a steep discount.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks, guys! I know it's too expensive, but it's my friend who's buying it

Comment

...For you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i've always been curious about this. i never once bothered to ask though. i think it would be cheaper to retop and refinish/modify a stock off the wall les paul than get a custom one made lol. with regular gibson prices being as crazy as they are i would be scared to know what the custom shop costs.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I didn't think Gibson would do one off custom pieces for Joe Sixpack?? But they have done some batch customs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Gibson will do a CS order for Joe Mama or anyone else that forks over the coin.

- Newc

Comment

ive been buying cs gibson for about 5 years and ive had no problem getting 45% off list. on some of them i got 50% off list. not every dealer is gonna do that but i buy i alot of gear and make alot of deals.

Comment

Yeah, people gripe about Gibson pricing and it *is* high, but I've found that you can get better discounts with Gibson than a lot of other brands. In other words, it appears that Gibson overly inflates their list pricing.

Comment

I got a really good quote on a CS Firebird VII back in 1999

It was around $1800.00 (my cost) and I know their prices have shot up thru the roof since then. But still...it's not as much of an arm and a leg as a lot of other "boutique" companies. a CS PRS will cost you between 4 and 5 grand...Gibson may be close to that, but still not touching that mark.

Comment

A Fender CS will easily run you 4k. Here are the specs I submitted a few years ago:<ul type="square">[*]ash Tele in antigua finish[*]scalloped neck maple neck[*]fishman powerbridge[*]50's CS pickups[/list]

The list price was $7200. The dealer I was working with quoted me $4320.

If you order a Gibson CS of any consequence the street price is going to hit 4k easily. The street price of the majority or the production custom shop and historic models is in that territory for the most part - no way are you getting a non-production one for less.

- Newc

Comment

First ask him exactly what he is looking for and see if it is really that much different than any of thier production guitars. A professionaly modified LP will still hold a lot of it's value at resale and if that is his biggest concern, he shouldn't be getting a CS anyways.

Matt

Comment

There's a black Les Paul Custom from the custom shop at a local guitar shop, it was stolen from the store last year but recently recovered again. Has a couple dings on the back of the body and the back of the neck but is otherwise fine. Originally listed for $4,500 but they want $2,700ish now. Lemme know if you want more info.

Comment

How about one of those Schon artist sig. guitars for $13K?
                              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                              X