Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The year is almost over and still no GMW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The year is almost over and still no GMW...

In 1987, I was 15 Years old, I met Lee Garver when he was selling guitars out of The Recycler. I must've bought 4-5, and sent him dozens of people for everything from Floyd Recesses, to Custom Guitars.

I learned how a Guitar was supposed to "Play", In 1990 I became a Backline Guitar Tech, and to this day people send me their Guitars from all over to set up, I don't do this for a living, but at a courtesy...Anyway, I remember how "Excited and Intrested" Lee always was on the phone or in person when I bounced ideas off him...I also respect his Time, I know he is busy, and frankly, his time is valuable to me, and that is partly why I don't ever call him to say " My Buddy is coming in for a __________"..

To say that he "F's Up" Guitars, or they play like shit....I find that to be very odd...

Casey

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Everytime I walk into GMW, I end up bullshitting with Lee for a couple of hours. All I wanted was a setup! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you stopped bullshitting with him he would have time to get things done. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defense, the conversations always end with Lee saying "I'm sorry for talking your ear off." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thank the lord for multi-tasking. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Well everyone has their opinion but if you ask me Lee is a hell of a guy, he has never been anything but patient with me, back when I was rather new to this whole high end guitar business I was concerned about being able to afford a jackson custom so I was kicking around the idea of a GMW. I had one pretty losely specced out after several emails with Lee and he pretty much knew he wouldn't be getting the money in the near future yet he took the time to deal with me anyways. Thats the sort of thing I don't forget, and though I never did end up getting that GMW I still have that idea saved and just like I finally ended up getting my jackson custom, one day I will get a guitar from Lee. I've played a few GMW's and I find them to be pretty much amazing instruments and extremely well made.

As to this headstock business, Lee will do what he has to. Once everything is ready I think people will forget about this whole headstock drama. I don't think I agree about the headstock expectations. I don't really have any. I know it will be something cool, Lee doesn't strike me as an "over the top" guy so I don't think its gonna be anything outrageous. Some people will complain just because its not a strathead. I personally care more about the overall guitar then the cut on the headstock.

Comment

I have ordered several guitars from/through Lee, and had nothing but positive experiences with each. Sure, his estimates of build times are always inaccurate. But, for me, he's always beeen very cool to deal with.

I can't tell you how many times Lee has given me helpful advice and input on spec'ing guitars. Everything from discussing pickups, to woods, to graphics, hardware, binding, etc. And EVERY time, Lee has been incredibly responsive with calls/e-mails to answer my questions. Not to mention that he builds killer guitars. Treat Lee well, and he'll do the same to you.

Comment

Lee turned me into a newt.

Comment

People who like Lee and admire the work and service he provides have no prolem waiting. Lee has always been cool as hell to me whether I was getting small parts, a custom guitar order or gotoh tuners. The cost/performance/playability/quality of GMW's is the best bang for the buck IMHO.

As far as the new design I frankly don't care when...it will be ready when its ready and I'd rather talk about how cool his other guitar that people have than speculate on when we'll see the new ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Lee turned me into a newt.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no. Dan is the "wizard" in GMW. If anyone turned you into a newt, it would've been Dan. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X