Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kramer baretta\'s availible again

[ QUOTE ]
    am I missing something? I thought Barettas were single hum with offset waist?

I also wonder how Gibson will do with this resurrected Kramer line, I never liked them to begin with (being a Charvel nut as I was/am).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you´re absolutely right about the Baretta. But when Gibson/Musicyo started up the Kramer-line again, about five or six years ago, they for some reason decided to call their new Soloist-knockoff Baretta. I´ve always wondered why they didn´t call them Stagemasters instead... that wouldn´t be accurate either, but certainly more in the same ballpark. Another interesting move was resurrecting the Striker and Focus denominations, but making the Strikers the more expensive line this time around. For the first couple of years they really didn´t pay any hommage to the Kramer name, but with the 1984 and the Jersey Star out now, and supposedly more reissues (Baretta and Nightswan) waiting in the wings, it seems like they´re heading in the right direction.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]

I also wonder how Gibson will do with this resurrected Kramer line, I never liked them to begin with (being a Charvel nut as I was/am).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you´re absolutely right about the Baretta. But when Gibson/Musicyo started up the Kramer-line again, about five or six years ago, they for some reason decided to call their new Soloist-knockoff Baretta. I´ve always wondered why they didn´t call them Stagemasters instead... that wouldn´t be accurate either, but certainly more in the same ballpark. Another interesting move was resurrecting the Striker and Focus denominations, but making the Strikers the more expensive line this time around. For the first couple of years they really didn´t pay any hommage to the Kramer name, but with the 1984 and the Jersey Star out now, and supposedly more reissues (Baretta and Nightswan) waiting in the wings, it seems like they´re heading in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they call these new guitars baretta II pro's, so it is like a second generation of the original.

Comment

Did Kramer ever do a guitar for Starsky and Hutch or Kojak?
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If you want a Baretta, get the 1984. THAT is the Eddie guitar...at least the Kramer version of it.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they call these new guitars baretta II pro's, so it is like a second generation of the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they came out with a cheaper but similar version of the Baretta II Pro first, which I believe was simply called Baretta. It seems they´re out of production now, though.

Comment

I'm waiting on the Nightswan reissue myself. I've been contemplating building one.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Guess what? The 422 and 424 SM's are back in stock!
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

and the Vanguard FR440S is back too.

Comment

Looks like the price of the Kramer Jersey Star went up. They were $799 on Music Yo.
                    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Yikes! MusicYo/Kramer breaks the magical $1000-mark. The graphic 1984´s are up to $880 from $699, as well, with the regular ones going up to $840. But those prices look weird to me... $1002.40 and $880.15. What´s up with the cents? Maybe they raised the prices by some exact percentage?

Comment

Something is wacky with all the prices over there.
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                        X