Blackhorse guitar bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhorse guitar bodies

Anyone with experience with these bodies? How good are they? Do you consider them good representation of the Charvel strat type body? How do they compare to other vendors? Thanks.

Re: Blackhorse guitar bodies

I am having one built right now. It looks like he does good work, but he has been dicking me around a bit over getting the job done. I'll report back once I receive the finished product.

Comment

They are cool bodies for sure. Good people too....

here's my 2 Black Horse bodies

and

The first one was unfinished and I had HRF done it it.

The sparkle came fom Blackhorse painted already and its pretty cool
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn:

Do you mind telling how much you paid for those bodies? I emailed Blackhorse, but they haven't replied to my message yet and their website doesn't provide any price info on their products and services.

Comment

they were from eBay auctions that I won...I believe they were around 120 to 180 or so. Its been a while and really don't remember [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I won one on EBAY, and had them paint it for me. To make a long story short, it was awful! The neck pocket was off and the paint job was worse than a rattle can, not kidding! I may have gotten a bad example of the work they do, but for now I am not buying anything else from them.

Comment

was this an EVH body?
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I won one on EBAY, and had them paint it for me. To make a long story short, it was awful! The neck pocket was off and the paint job was worse than a rattle can, not kidding! I may have gotten a bad example of the work they do, but for now I am not buying anything else from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, got one of those myself and was not impressed with the finish. (Walnut/Stained + clear / one hum) It needed filler in a couple of spots (pen tip size areas), the clearcoat wasn't properly buffed out and chipped around the floyd posts.
                Otherwise, it did have the correct control routing shape and is a solid/nice piece of walnut.

Comment

Working...
                X