Need info on an Iceman PS-10 Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on an Iceman PS-10 Classic

My best friend (who is a huge Kiss and Paul Stanley fan) has a chance to buy a PS-10 Classic. The owner is also a Kiss fan and not a guitar player. So I've been told this guitar is the "Classic" model and that it has been in the case most of its life. The owner said he bought this back in '96.

If I remember right, isn't this the model that Paul was promoting in the back of tour program? If it is, does anyone else have one? Or what should I tell me friend to look for? How are they serial numbered? And the big question, what is the going rate for one of these in good condition?

Just want to help my friend out so he doesn't get taken. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks-

John

Re: Need info on an Iceman PS-10 Classic

Didn't someone in Iron Maiden play one of those...

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

THE PS-10 Classic, though made in Japan, is a slightly lower quality guitar in comparison with the PS-10 and the PS-10 LTD, but higher ranked then the korean made PS-10 II.

The suggested price for the PS-10 II was $1100, the PS10 Classic $1900 and the PS-10 LTD $2200.

In terms of actual market value, I would pay for a
      PS-10 $1500-$2000
      PS-10 LTD $1250-$1500
      PS-10 CL $1000-1250
      PS-10 II $750-$1000
      depending on criteria like condition, originality etc..

I've paid for my PS-10 LTD (minty) approx $1250

Comment

Thanks for the info, Peter. Where is the serial # on the Classic and the LTD? Back of the headstock? And are there any special letters or numbers in the serial # (similar to the USA and custom shop Jacksons)to confirm the model?

Also, is that a pic of a Classic? Looks black in the pic. I thought the LTD was a gold/black metallic color.

Comment

whoops.. ERRATA, the one in the pic is my PS1000:
          "20th Anniversary" inlay in the 22nd fret and has "PS10 Limited Reissue" on truss rod cover. Estimated 511 were produced, of which 200 were sold in the US.
          So, there were 5 variations, the PS10 -> PS1000 -> PS10LTD -> PS10CL -> PS10II

the PS10 LTD you see here:

the PS10 CL you see here:

I believe all were serialized on the back of the headstock, using Ibanez std manner (1 letter + 6 digits)

Comment

You Da Man, Peter! Thanks for all the info. I'll let you know how things develop with this one.

Comment

okay.. I'm always in the market to buy one or two.. in case.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X