yet another schecter question - ebay related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another schecter question - ebay related

just found a nice lookin schecter @ the 'bay.
    it's a C-1 series, but i just cannot figure out what exactly it is. it looks like a blackjack, but it doesn't have real duncans but duncan designed pickups. these are the other features
    dot inlays
    24 frets
    25,5 scale
    all mahogany
    black with white binding
    string through with TOM
    1 volume 1 tone, 5 way switch
    2 humbuckers
    neck through
    can anyone help me out? it just says c-1 on the tussrod cover. maybe it's an older model that's no longer listed at the schecter homepage?
    and last but not least, what would be a good and reasonable price?

Re: yet another schecter question - ebay related

Sounds like it could be a C-1 EX Baritone. They have a maple neck though.

Here's one from MF.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/513083/

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=23
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Actually, I think that is just a regular old "C-1". It's a model they don't make anymore. By the way, it has a set neck, rather than a thru-neck. The only neckthru C-1 is the Classic model.

It was pretty much Schecter's lowest-level setneck guitar, and with the Duncan Design pickups, I wouldn't pay anymore than about $300-325 for it. You can get a used C-1 Blackjack with the real Duncans for around $400.

Comment

no, it's not a baritone

pro-fusion: not in this neck of the woods [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] we hardly get any schecters at all as people already stated in my other schecter thread. the european distributor sucks, and i'm hesitating to buy from the US as i'm not familar with taxes and shipping etc.
        i think i'd swap out the pu's for either some EMGs or dimarzios. i'm looking for a new main axe, so it should be some quality stuff (not exactly top notch though...i'm a little short on money right now). it's especially important that the guitar is technically perfect (=no intonation issues whatsoever) and sounds good as i want to use it for pro recording, too.
        my alternative would be a DKMGT

Comment

I didn't look to see where you were when I posted. I remember your other Schecter thread. From what you've described about the fucked-up situation with Schecter's European distribution, I still think you'd be better off buying from a U.S. dealer, even if you have to pay import taxes on it. Shipping would probably range from $75 to $100, based on my experience.

But actually, that C-1 would be a perfectly decent guitar, as long as you replaced the pickups. The Schecters are good quality for the price--I've never had fret or intonation issues with any of the several that I've owned. A DKMGT would also be a good guitar, but that will be more expensive than a used Schecter C-1, and you'd still want to replace the pickups (those EMG-HZs suck).

Comment

yeah, i'd likely swap out the dkmgt pickups, too.
            actually i'm really thinking about the dk6 "cow" too, as it looks kickass AND has a real emg81. however i'm not totally sure whether i can cope with having only one pickup. otherwise i'd already have one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            atm my main axe is the blue charvel model 3 with a dimarzio in the bridge. nice guitar, but has a floyd and only 22 frets...plays very well, though, better than my king v. the thing is, my other guitar player has seveal ESP M-2 (the real ones, not the cheap ltd stuff), and i'd like the idea of having something that stacks up against this rather expensive guitar (yeah i know, not super expensive, but still a higher dollar than an import charvel/jackson)

Comment

Working...
            X