10 pound guitar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 pound guitar!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1 It's pretty cool, but it weighs a ton. Is that what a Les Paul feels like? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And, No, it's not plywood. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: 10 pound guitar!!!

Yah, there's a 75' Les Paul in my shop that weights a freakin ton compared to anything else I've played, right round 10lb or so. Solid mohogany and sounds amazing, but heavy

Comment

That's nothing fett, if you get down to the Bay Area I'll show you some 10 pound chambered guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

fett - that is totally plywood [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          fett - that is totally plywood [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] No it is not. I looked. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It is 10 pounds of prime wood. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It is Ma-hog-gannie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

that is mahogany veneer. you're probably right that it's not plywood - i bet it's pressboard.

- Newc

Comment

I just scraped off the paint on the side of the trem cav. It is solid mag. It is not plywood or pressboard . You, fukking snobs, you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

thick veneer [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

That veneer is really really thick. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys don't know Palmers and neither do I. I searched the web and I didn't find anything of help. All I know is after I set it up it plays like butta. But it weighs a ton and I won't buy another tonner again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

the shell wrc i had weigher 11.4 pounds...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

If I can find a decent scale, I'll weigh my Performance solid heavy northern ash guitar. I bet it's at least 10 lbs. I put it together in 1985 and I haven't played it much since then.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

It fucking hurts to swing it around to play. I actually have to get out my La-Z-Boy to get it and it's only 3 feet way. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

...Or maybe one of those Gracie stands like YGM uses to suspend his Classical guitar. That way you can walk right up to it and play! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Naw, it has to be in reach. I'm too Lazy, boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X