Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile Les Paul score!!!!! (pics)

Hey guys,
    I've been watching these for a while now. A few guys at work got one and after playing one I knew that I had to have one! I lucked up on a special from Rondo Music last week and they ran this Agile 2000 flame top on sale for $99.99!!!!!!! I instantly jumped on it and let me tell you that it's the best $100 I've ever spent!!!!

Re: Agile Les Paul score!!!!! (pics)

Looking good bro! Congrats.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Laminated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Who gives a fuk? Is it? It don't matter. As long as you like it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

From what I've read and can tell by looking at it, it's a 3 piece mahogany body with 1/16" flamed maple on the top with set maple neck. If it's sawdust and glue you can't tell it by playing or listening to it. Either way it smokes for $100.

Comment

Agiles are not plywood, nor a laminate.

The cheap ones are made from 3 or 4 piece "cheap' asian MAH, with a venier cap.

Mid lines use a "real" maple top with a flame venier.

High end: $450+ use real flamed maple tops and 2 piece MAH bodies.

This one:

http://www.rondomusic.net/al3500prestcsbduncan.html

Will kill any non-custom shop Gibby LP made in the last 15 yrs at least

An awesome buy.

Having owned various Gibsons in the past and present. I would'nt buy anything from them newer then 1978.

(Okay. i played a 1983 BB for a bit.. that one WAS killer..)

The last Gib I bought was an LP Standard in 2001.

What a piece of over priced, cheap assed junk.

Seriously.. it was worse than a few MIK guitars I played.. fret ends nice an sharp, mis-aligned pup rings.. inlay work was crap.. major overspray on bindings.

It was worth.. $450.00 at most.. IMHO.. not what I paid..

Comment

All that for a mere 100 bucks? Damn. Congrats!

Let's see that mahogany back! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
            -Janne

Comment

veneer

Comment

Oh?
                Well what's this about then?

[ QUOTE ]
                Agiles are not plywood, nor a laminate.

The cheap ones are made from 3 or 4 piece "cheap' asian MAH, with a venier cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
                -Janne

Comment

I really wanted one of the 3500's, but in the end it was about $100.00 more than I wanted to spend. Nice score.
                  Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I used to own a 1978 standard and mind you there's obvious differences all the way around but for the price difference...... Well ,lets just say I'm a happy camper with my Agile. If it was going to be my main guitar then that would be one thing but I use my Petrucci EBMM guitars for that. I just wanted a Les Paul style guitar around. I'd looked at the other higher end models as well and was considering a 2800 but when they dropped this one to $99.99 brand new then I couldn't pass it up. I've also owned a Epiphone standard and the Agile's smoke those in my opinion. Here's a picture of the mahogany back. It says 3 piece mahogany but judging from the pic it appears to be a 2 piece like the 2500 models.

This is the most bang for the buck that I've got in a long time!!

Comment

looks great for a hundy ...congrats on the score
                      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        veneer

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.. RacerX wannabee [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I scored one also. Not bad for $100

Comment

Yep, that seems to qualify for a Les Paul alright. What I see is three pieces; those smaller darker ones on the sides and the bigger lighter one in the middle. Or is that just the lighting? Either way, I'm sure it doesn't really have a big difference tonally.

Killer deal, that's all I can say. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            -Janne

Comment

My Xaviere is the same way. The body is 3 pieces of mahogany, and the top is a veneer, and I will vouch that it has no negative effect on the tone whatsoever. Both that, and my Weddington, which is 2-piece mahogany with 3/4" of maple top, sound unbelievable.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X