BC Rich-ID help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich-ID help needed

I need a little help from you BC Rich experts out there. Here are some pics of a 7 string that I purchased recently. Description: Strat shape, neck thru, reverse headstock, trans red finish, quilted top, Made in USA on headstock, Maple board with abolone inlays-12th fret inlay says FLASH,Dimarzio pickups, recessed BC Rich tremlo, non recessed covers on back, Sighned by Bernie Rico Jr on back of headstock, sound holes in top, NO SERIAL # anywhere, the only markings are in trem cavity-TME T-RED. Obviously, this is a custom shop guitar but any other info is appreciated. How can I find out year model and what is this guitar worth. Thanks.

Re: BC Rich-ID help needed

contact Jr or BCRich. custom ASM, 99-03?

Comment

+1 what J2379 said.

Comment

the tone chambers were normal on the 7 string riches...looks like a 7 string asm with a reverse headstock...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

It looks damn nice i'll tell you that! maybe you put your fingers over the holes while your playing to make a "special sound" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Go to the MCS forum

MCS.acidpit.org

The members there are bcrich collectors and the company is run by ex-bcrich workers.

They will ID that guitar in a second I'm sure.

Pictures of the headstock/heel/ and controll cavity would help alot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              custom ASM, 99-03?

[/ QUOTE ]
              I think that is it. For the exact date, it would be best to contact BC Rich.

Comment

Yeah...definitely an ASM...but very out of the loop on newer BC's so can't ID the year. Custom shop stuff is hard to ID anyway, unless they can pull a work order based on the serial.

I'm a former BC employee too!

Comment

By the way, just so you know this is one of the most unique BCRs I have ever seen. Pretty nice features, rock on!

Comment

It looks very cool, whatever it is!
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thats a hell of a guitar my friend. Very unique one too. As several have said its a custom shop ASM but the soundholes were standard for most 7 strings that I saw at least pre 2002. So I think its probably a custom from 99-02.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help. I sent a couple e-mails to BC Rich and Bernie Rico Jr to see what else I can come up with on it. It is a killer guitar!

Comment

Working...
                        X