e.j. strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e.j. strat

picked up a E.J. strat man this thing rules. any other e.j. owners here let me hear what you think about yours and what kind of rig you are running it with.

Re: e.j. strat

I swore off FMIC guitars a few years ago and wouldn't play or buy anything post CBS. My #1 and #2 were a '78 and '79 Strat. Then I ran into an EJ one day and tried it so I could dissmiss all the hype surrounding these guitars as just that...hype. Well, to make a short stoy shorter, the EJ is one of the best, if not THE BEST Strat I have EVER laid my hands on in my 25 years of playing. Needless to say I bought one. I run it with the same rig I run all of my guitars...
    Band= '74 Marshall 4x12, Carvin Legacy head with 6L6s, Crybaby up front and DOD FET pre in the loop.

Home= Any one of the following...
    Johnson J Station
    Vox AD30VT
    Fender DRRI
    Legacy with Mesa 1x12 wide body cab
    Maeshall 2205 with Mesa 1x12
    '64 Blond Bassman in 2x10 combo cab
    Peavey classic 30
    Ibanez DS-10 Distortion Charger

Comment

I have one and it is an outstanding instrument, sweet sounding great feeling and flawless construction.
      The only negative is the relatively sticky neck right off the case. It will wear off with some playing.
      Resonant as all heck.

I am playing mine through my RK head into a Recto 2X12, pretty much dry. Sometimes I throw the Chorus into the FX loop.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I just got one delivered today. All I can say is Wow!

I had heard the horror stories about the finish and poor quality control. I am completely shocked how great a guitar this is. I can't find any flaws with it all.

The finish is certainly there and it will take a little to get used to it. But, this guitar begs to be played; so, the finish will come off with wear.

As good as the fit and finish are, the guitar shines the most when plugged in. The sound of this guitar is out of this world. Even through a PODxt thru an Atomic Reactor! The clarity is unbelievable.

On the down side, it makes my new MIJ Kotzen Tele seem like a toy. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Fender hit a grand slam with the EJ Strat.

Comment

How are the neck profiles on these?

Thick? Thin?

Thinking about getting one myself.

Comment

its pretty thick,get one you wont regret it.

Comment

What is it exactly, other than the pickups, that make this any different than any other Fender re-issue, say like the 62 or the 57, with the thick lacquer, etc....

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Shawn, the neck profile on these guitars is unlike any other strat. Its 12" radius, quartersawn neck and "v" backshape are just incredible to feel. There are a few little things that EJ needed, such as staggered tuners and no string tree and, as you mentioned, the incredible pickups. The thin nitro laquer is also worth mentioning.

Your a Fender fan - try one and buy one.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                X