Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Before and After...

Well, I just got this neck in and put it on
    (in addition to switching out the hardware)

Whaddya guys think?

Before

And,

After:

Re: Warmoth Before and After...

Sweeeet! Did thay body get a refin or is it just the light ing? Black sharkies are cool.

Comment

that looks great, love the ebony shark inlays...sweeet. Congrats
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I can barely plug in a toaster. I am amazed at some of the work done by you guys...Very nice.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

The body didn't get a refin.. just looks nicer in certain lighting I guess.
          I *am* going to refin it in a couple months when the weather is better for it, I just figured I *had to* put the new neck on and fire her up until then [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I still need to fix up the intonation, and I'll give it a couple days before I tighten up the truss rod a tad and other such things.. After that I can hopefully get nicer action, I'm leaving the strings a tad high because I get a nasty dead spot on just one string at just one fret...

Comment

By the way this is a 24.75" conversion neck, so now it's a Warmoth carved top Soloist-Fusion, I guess [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice job! That is a seriously cool guitar! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Is that a Gotoh bridge? How do you like it?

Comment

The Gotoh Bridge is really nice quality and works very well, but there is one thing I don't like about it...

It being wraparound, when stringing it up, you have to push the tips of the strings downward through the bridge-- this makes it real easy to pick at the body finish in that spot just behind the bridge. Also it's a minor pain in the ass to struggle with the strings to get into their little grooves on the bridge when winding them up.. they like to jump around all over the place and not stick where they're supposed to.

Comment

It looks awesome, congrats! The blue/gray thing is odd in the pics though. Which is closer to the actual color?
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The Gotoh Bridge is really nice quality and works very well, but there is one thing I don't like about it...

It being wraparound, when stringing it up, you have to push the tips of the strings downward through the bridge-- this makes it real easy to pick at the body finish in that spot just behind the bridge. Also it's a minor pain in the ass to struggle with the strings to get into their little grooves on the bridge when winding them up.. they like to jump around all over the place and not stick where they're supposed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should check out some of Schaller's fixed bridges. They have one that is comprised of a tailpiece w/ finetuners and one of their roller bridges fused together as one unit.

They are on stewmac.com.

Comment

The actual color is somewhere in between those two pics.. my room now is kind of dark and makes it hard to see, and the previous pic was taken with flash, which made it a lot brighter than it really is. It's a medium dark blue.. darker than royal blue by a bit, but nowhere near Navy.

I've seen those schaller fixed bridges.. I'm not sure if it's compatible with the routing for the bridge I have but I might look into it!

Comment

Major improvement!

I LOVE IT! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Seriously that is friggin' mindblowing! :headbanging:
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            that looks great, love the ebony shark inlays...sweeet. Congrats

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think warmoth does ebony inlays but it looks killer anyway [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice, definitely an improvement!
                              -Janne

Comment

Working...
                              X