• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmoth Before and After...

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    that looks great, love the ebony shark inlays...sweeet. Congrats

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think warmoth does ebony inlays but it looks killer anyway [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they're not ebony, they're just black PVC or something I think. But there's a finish over it anyway, and synthetic looks just as sweet to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] it's also more uniformly black than most ebony would be I think.

Comment

Looks fantastic and you can't go wrong with a Warmoth neck!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I figured some of the gang would enjoy the black sharks as much as I do!

Comment

Not bad at all. But I do like that before pic.

slevy007 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Steve looks killer! Did you opt for the stainless frets? Did they put the Warmoth logo on the headstock or was that something as an option?

Comment

looks great man. I think its an improvement, including the black hardware.

how are your Warmoth frets? The neck I ordered needed a leveling - the 14th fret was way higher from the factory.
              -Jon G

Comment

Hey!It looks 1000 times better imo! Good job!

Comment

That body and neck work well together visually. BTW - on a floyd it is possible to take a small piece of brass sheeting cut to shape and shim under a single string to fix the one dead spot while lowing the rest of the action. I am not sure how to do the same thing on a non-trem like that, but I figured that I would share.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Really tacky before, to be honest [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But it looks GREAT now. Awesome!

Comment

I went with regular 6150 frets.. the previous neck had 6100 giant monsters and as sweet as those are I just wanted a little smaller..
                      The warmoth on the headstock is a decal that came with it.. I figured I'd like to have something on the headstock and since that was there I slapped it on. Warmoth is good stuff so I have no problem bearing that name on the headstock!

As for the frets... I *do* have one dead spot, just the g string at the 10th fret. With the action a tad higher it isn't an issue, and it's still pretty playable, though I may want to get that fixed so I can get the action down a little more.

Funny, I'm still gonna be having major GAS for a DK2M for quite a while.. but I'll have to suppress that seeing how I really need to stop myself from unnnecessary spending for a good long while.. I've splurged on enough crap over the last coupla months.

Comment

Working...
                      X