Super Fake - Charvel Inspired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Fake - Charvel Inspired

Ok, I see some black helicopters outside my window, so I'll make this quick. Long story short is this: Neck and Body from a "mystery builder"...I got the parts from Chuck DeCarlo. Rosewood board, ash body, finished in vintage cream nitro with matching headstock. I added: Duncan Custom 5/Jazz pickups, logoed gotoh sg-36 tuners, black f-spaced gotoh v-trem, re-pro brass strap buttons, small pre-pro style logo and pre-pro style brass string retainer. And to hold the neck on, charvel import neck plate. Keep in mind...this project began nearly 2 years ago. And super-huge mad props to my bro BLOODSPLATTER for helping to finish this beast.

Re: Super Fake - Charvel Inspired

That looks great to me [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'd never have the guts to specify that colour just from a colour sample, but the result looks fantastic!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I sold my "mystery builder" neck a while back and have regretted it since! Those were fantastic feeling.

Sweet guitar, congrats.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] <font color="red">!!Always happy to help bro!! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] <font color="red"> !! </font>

Comment

looks great man. Logo? You'd never catch me do anything like that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

nice guitar, but just put me down as one who'd never logo a parts guitar... I haven't even logoed the Fender body that I put the warmoth neck on. (plus somehow I think they look cooler without a logo).

to me, putting a company's logo on something that was not made by that company just makes that thing, be it a car, a guitar, or a coffeemaker, a fake whateveritis. others might not know, but I'd know.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I want to reach out and touch the sky
              I want to touch the sun but I don’t want to fly
              I’m gonna climb up every mountain of the moon
              I’ve found the dish that runs away with the spoon

SUPERFAKE!
              SUPERFAKE!

Comment

Enough of the soapbox preaching about logoing...it's all been said over and over on this board and there are threads dedicated to and dominated by the topic. It gets tiring to hear somebody start preaching every time someone does this. Comment on the guitar or don't, but quit spewing old, tired opinions at every turn.

That said, very cool guitar! And I like the logo [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] <font color="red"> !! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] <font color="red"> !! </font>

Comment

Anybody got a Charvel logo I can put on my Fender Strat? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I am so seriously, you guys! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, that guitar kicks ass!!! Nice job! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

By the time something is posted here there is no sense bitching about the logo, its done. Awesome guitar, looks like the homage that it is.

Comment

for my part, I didn't take part those other threads, and I was just offering my personal view and what I'd do in the circumstance.

frankly rupe, every time somebody posts a logo'd fake, they should expect some contrary opinions. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I don't really agree. The long standing tradition in what I've observed in my years here has been if some posts a recent acquisition especially a parts mutt they put together, positive comments are given or none at all. Though you did say it was a nice guitar. I think everyone is just sick of the logo argument there was a HUGE exhaustive thread about it.

Comment

Gorgeous man! Congrats on the great work.

Anybody hanging out nearby the front of your house yet?
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Awsome guitar and classic charvie, 'er, I mean replica! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X