Musikraft Vs. USA Custon Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikraft Vs. USA Custon Guitars

Has anyone purchased necks from either Musikraft or USA Custom Guitars?
    How are they?
    I heard USA necks are great but was wondering about Musikraft Necks since they make the right size Charvel replacement necks.

Re: Musikraft Vs. USA Custon Guitars

I have a USACustom on my Nash Esquire. The quality, fit and finish puts Warmoth to shame.

BTW, maybe this thread should be in the 'Guitars by Other Manufacturers' section.

Comment

This is an older Musikraft neck that I got used- plays awesome.

Comment

I bought a Musikraft neck a while back.
        Nice wood, but the fretjob had ALOT to be desired.
        Not something I had expected in a $200 neck.
        Warmoth is WAY overpriced too IMO, but probably better quality.

JMO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I bought a Musikraft neck a while back.
          Nice wood, but the fretjob had ALOT to be desired.
          Not something I had expected in a $200 neck.
          Warmoth is WAY overpriced too IMO, but probably better quality.

JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Warmoth overpriced? A plain maple Strat neck from Warmoth is $157. It's 18 bucks more from Musikraft. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            How is Warmoth overpriced? A plain maple Strat neck from Warmoth is $157. It's 18 bucks more from Musikraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever paid $157 for a Warmoth neck?
            Have you ever seen a $157 Warmoth neck? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Would you like a warranty to go with your $157 neck?
            Considering Warmoth will NOT warranty any neck without a "hard finish", your going to have to pay another $75-$85 dollars for that finish you probably don't even want, JUST so there is a warranty.
            Oh ... and would you like a nut to go with that neck?
            A plain 'ol plastic nut will run you $25. And if you prefer to buy one yourself for $2, be prepared to route the slot for it as well (which will again, void your warranty).

The fine print is there for a reason my friend. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have never paid $157 for a Warmoth neck. I did get one for $132 once though [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

A hard finish can be achieved in a couple hours with some wipe-on poly for about 6 bucks, an old rag, and some steel wool. Warmoth will honor their warranty with that. Also, you are not required to put a hard finish on all woods for the warranty - you can ask when you order a neck and they will tell you if you do or not. For instance, I have a canary neck and a rosewood neck which do not require a hard finish for the warranty. I could not find a warranty policy on the Musikraft site - what is their policy? Musikraft's cheapest hard finish is $80.

As for nuts from Warmoth, $25 gets you a Corian nut ALREADY cut. And cut very well in fact. Not some plain 'ol plastic nut. That's a great deal. Have you ever cut a nut? It sucks. Have you priced it out at a shop - it's $45-75 depending on the shop. Why would you have to route the slot for a nut? I've put my own nuts in Warmoths and standard after market bone and graphtech nuts fit fine. Does Musikraft include a slotted nut in the $175 price?

- Newc

Comment

having bought a Warmoth neck last summer, I can vouch for all the little extras they get you for.

I got a birdseye/birdseye tele neck and it was $60 for the clear coat, which I felt was high, but there you go. the quality of the product I received from them was excellent. all I did was tape the neck, razor the clear coat off the frets and I was good to go. very good fret job and beautiful wood.

but again, they do make you pay for that. mine was like 267 all told, w/ shipping. I love it though.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Have you ever paid $157 for a Warmoth neck?
                  Have you ever seen a $157 Warmoth neck?

Would you like a warranty to go with your $157 neck?
                  Considering Warmoth will NOT warranty any neck without a "hard finish", your going to have to pay another $75-$85 dollars for that finish you probably don't even want, JUST so there is a warranty.
                  Oh ... and would you like a nut to go with that neck?
                  A plain 'ol plastic nut will run you $25. And if you prefer to buy one yourself for $2, be prepared to route the slot for it as well (which will again, void your warranty).

The fine print is there for a reason my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  You don't need to get all necks hardfinished, they recommend it on maple and stuff so you get no warranty if you don't but thats not true of tropical woods that are MADE to be played raw, if you read their site they even say some woods shouldn't be finished.

If you look on their site they have a couple plain maple necks on their gallery for 157 ish.

However by and large I think Musikraft is better for some woods, and for Charvel replicas.

I have no experience with USA CG.

Comment

how is $60 high for the clear coat? please point me to the place you can get it done cheaper for the same quality of work. the guy i use charges even more.

- Newc

Comment

USACG won't install a dual acting truss rod in any of their necks, only vintage style truss rods. With the vintage truss rods you'll probably be adjusting it alot more. Have said that, I've heard from several people that they make a great product.

If your after a Charvel strathead replica, then I'd definately go with Musikraft.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I have never paid $157 for a Warmoth neck. I did get one for $132 once though [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

A hard finish can be achieved in a couple hours with some wipe-on poly for about 6 bucks, an old rag, and some steel wool. Warmoth will honor their warranty with that. Also, you are not required to put a hard finish on all woods for the warranty - you can ask when you order a neck and they will tell you if you do or not. For instance, I have a canary neck and a rosewood neck which do not require a hard finish for the warranty. I could not find a warranty policy on the Musikraft site - what is their policy? Musikraft's cheapest hard finish is $80.

As for nuts from Warmoth, $25 gets you a Corian nut ALREADY cut. And cut very well in fact. Not some plain 'ol plastic nut. That's a great deal. Have you ever cut a nut? It sucks. Have you priced it out at a shop - it's $45-75 depending on the shop. Why would you have to route the slot for a nut? I've put my own nuts in Warmoths and standard after market bone and graphtech nuts fit fine. Does Musikraft include a slotted nut in the $175 price?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        +1 Hard to pass up a Warmoth neck at any price. Musikraft necks do require some work before you get what you want in feel.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I just bought a two piece maple neck from USA Custom guitars.
                          I had Roxy finish it in a light vintage tint. It is as good as any of the necks on my Andersons. I couldn't believe how much of the fretwork was already done. The fret ends were cut and filed nice and smooth. I'm not sure it will even need fret dressing.

They definitely have the vintage necks nailed. So, if this is what you want, this is where I would go. I think they are probably more expensive than Warmoth, but I was very happy with the service and results. Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                          X