Alexi Laiho ESPs have been officially announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho ESPs have been officially announce

jackson should have endorsed this guy couple of years ago he still was playing jacksons... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      As far as the Laiho model goes, does it come with complimentary bottles of eyeliner and black nail polish?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

wow, so ugly!
        I prefer the older ones.
        And WTF with that Lynch model??!?!
        Looks like a Rhino or something.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

all the other new signature models are sweet looking, though, especially the amott v and the atreyu guitars. i'm suprised that nobody has commented on the blooddrip explorer knockoff so far.

Comment

interesting guitars.. some ugly ones, some cool ones..
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Man, I really, really want the Page Hamilton model! Brushed aluminum finish! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Interesting how there's a trem recess for the Wilkinson, though.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Hanneman has got a kahler again, that's good.

anyway.. I'm really gassing for one of those Alexi sigs.. They've been my fav band for years now and I actually like how they look [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm getting the black/yellow one and change the hardware to gold probably
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

They are making an LTD model, but damn those stripes are too f***in' thick for my taste. ESP has raised their prices quite a bit this year too.

Comment

So what hasn't Jackson ever made a 24 fret RR? I always assumed they weren't legally able to since Rhoads designed it and died, so they weren't able to modify the design.
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So what hasn't Jackson ever made a 24 fret RR? I always assumed they weren't legally able to since Rhoads designed it and died, so they weren't able to modify the design.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't anything like that--they modified the RR plenty over the years. The original RRs had small frets with binding-over-frets, stringthru or Kahler, and seemingly a thicker neck than the current ones. Remember, Randy was primarily a Gibson player, and the original RRs were clearly made for a guy accustomed to Gibsons. Over time, they've acquired recessed Floyds, thinner necks, and bigger frets. They've actually changed quite a bit. And of course, Jackson will make you just about any kind of Rhoads you want if you order it custom.

I think what happened is that sales of Rhoads guitars dropped sharply in the mid-late '80s just as the Soloists were taking off, and Jackson (IMHO) doesn't seem to have put as much innovation into the RRs over the years as they did into their other models. And now that they already have a one-hum Rhoad sig guitar (the Bond model), I doubt they'll introduce a guitar that amounts to the same thing but with 24 frets.

Comment

The only one I would want is the Hanneman model, but it is still way over priced, paying for a name. The RR owns the Laiho model big time. Jack.

Comment

The Wilton guitar looked cool but the others don't do anything for me. And even though I really like Lynch's playing, his past few signature models haven't looked very good. The Grinch, though, was probably the worst.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

i like the Laiho model alot, I'm definitely going to buy one. I think the LTD is a fucking good deal too, OFR and EBony board. The ESP is waaaaay overpriced if you ask me, it's gonna go for 3,000 which is rediculous. But I think at 1,000, the LTD isn't bad at all.

I will say though, if there was a comparable jackson alternative in the U.S. I'd go for that, but there isn't so my money goes to ESP. Seems stupid to me they don't have a 24 fret rhoads, practically every other guitar they make is 24 fret.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Will ESP ever be able to make unconventionally-shaped guitars that look right? They're really going for that "Designed by a twelve-year-old" vibe! [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly the artists ask for these guitars ¬.¬ ESP have some very nice unconventional guitars that they build themselves and are not soiled by these artists ^.^ Then again i'm dissapointed with Jackson recently as all they seem to be doing is impressive Paintjobs as opposed to trying to have impressive new guitars. If it ain't broke don't fix it i guess

[ QUOTE ]
                              jackson should have endorsed this guy couple of years ago he still was playing jacksons...

[/ QUOTE ]

They kinda did, but then would not build him a guitar without the 12 month waiting list when he had an important tour soon. So he moved to ESP who designed and built him his SV's in 4-6 months. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Mhmm... designed eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No offence but they just added a cutaway and used the ESP headstock, I doubt the R&D costs went up the roof for that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X