Alexi Laiho ESPs have been officially announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho ESPs have been officially announce

If you have played one you would see that they are different in size and design. Although it is not a new shape ESP have a much more similar guitar to the RR than the SV and that costs lots.

Point is, Jackson wouldnt build him a guitar within the 9-12 month time and ESP built him one to his specs in 4.

Comment

That Page Hamilton model is awesome!
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Wow, what the hell did they do to it! I didn't think it could get any worse!

That looks like an aborted King V, the lower wing has become disproportionally large!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I like the Page Hamilton model but never cared for that limp d*ck headstock shape ESP/LTD & Schecter had a few years ago.

Comment

I think ESP is taking the right direction
            very nice, i dont see any company except ESP/LTD right now that has that kind of great variety of electric guitars
            hell, they are introducing 22 new models just this year!
            they have a very big artist roster, countless signature models, basically in any shape you want
            even though their guitars are knockoffs, they are great quality, great looking and have top notch hardware for a reasonable price(prices been up lately due their succses)

it really makes me sad that jackson doesnt do anything new and focus only on their custom shop
            no new models, no mahogany body guitars at an equal price as the alder ones
            kids these days won't buy Jackson guitars because their favorite artists play ESP's
            and i see no reason really
            because at the same price LTD models look and play so much better than MIJ Jacksons
            althoght i think USA Jacksons and MIJ ESP's are about the same quality, but then again ESP has more variety

as for the alexi signature:
            the reason the shape is more like a king V is because copyright laws and shit, Jackson can sue ESP if they bring the exact japanese shape to the US so they modified it
            but they had to due the huge demand for this guitar

so as much as i love jackson i see no future for them except the custom shop
            you cant go wrong with ESP/LTD these days with such a variety

Jackson really blew it with a lot of artist ,i see most of them play ESP's now
            and since jackson is owned by Fender they could'nt care less

sorry, had to let it out [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Again, I really really just wish that Jackson would get a 24f RR and have something to go against the Laiho ESP/LTDs. Maybe Jackson is just stupid?

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted yet. But look at the new artists they've just signed on.

* Guitarist/frontman Gavin Rossdale of Institute
                * Guitarist Jeff Stinco of Simple Plan
                * Dimmu Borgir’s guitarists Galder, Silenoz, and Shagrath
                * Guitarists Charles Hedger and Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth
                * Bassist Pig Benis of Mushroomhead
                * Guitarist Brian Patton and bassist Scott Crochet of Soilent Green
                * Matthew Tuck and Michael Padget of Bullet for my Valentine
                * Guitarists David Sease and JC Lopez of Stretch Arm Strong
                * Guitarist Will Adler of Lamb of God
                * P-Funk bassist Lige Curry
                * Bassist Lalo Carillo from Luis Miguel
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I actually like the Alexi Laiho ESP, It looks really good..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    because at the same price LTD models look and play so much better than MIJ Jacksons

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, LTD's craftmanship is crap and they don't sound anything special.

[ QUOTE ]
                    it really makes me sad that jackson doesnt do anything new and focus only on their custom shop

[/ QUOTE ]

well J/C guitars are all about CS, it was their purpose when they started.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

IT kindof depends on the LTD. Any LTD with a model number above 250 is made in Korea and is great quality. Anything lower is indonesian.

The high end LTDs are great in my opinion, I have a bunch of them.

I'd say if you compare price ranges, ESP and jackson are pretty close.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I don't know if this has been posted yet. But look at the new artists they've just signed on.

* Guitarist/frontman Gavin Rossdale of Institute
                        * Guitarist Jeff Stinco of Simple Plan
                        * Dimmu Borgir’s guitarists Galder, Silenoz, and Shagrath
                        * Guitarists Charles Hedger and Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth
                        * Bassist Pig Benis of Mushroomhead
                        * Guitarist Brian Patton and bassist Scott Crochet of Soilent Green
                        * Matthew Tuck and Michael Padget of Bullet for my Valentine
                        * Guitarists David Sease and JC Lopez of Stretch Arm Strong
                        * Guitarist Will Adler of Lamb of God
                        * P-Funk bassist Lige Curry
                        * Bassist Lalo Carillo from Luis Miguel

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know, I'm getting old and all that, but I've only heard of ONE of those guys(?) and I think he's a wanker!

Comment

Sorry, TWO!
                          And he's also one.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't understand the big Hype around this ESP. It's shitty version of a Rhoads with an even crappier PUP in it. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

Even though I like ESP I have to agree that I dislike the Alexi Laiho model... though the Pinstripes and inlays do glow in the dark *laughs*.
                              ESP are gaining ground because of variety. Jackson need to release more inspired models (like the original RR etc). All they seem to be doing lately is Paint Jobs. Also less and less kids these days in the USA believe that USA > Japan ( + all that patriotic naff) and therefore don't really care where their guitars are made as long as they look / sound / price well.

Does anyone here own a Vigier ? I've always wanted to know what those are like !

Comment

Working...
                              X