Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out this crazy vintage Schecter! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out this crazy vintage Schecter!

C-razy. I couldn't imagine a manufacturer wanting some frankenstein monster guitar with their name on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm thinking about Ebaying the trem (has to be worth something to someone!) and the pickups and body, body might be a hard sell... and then buying a 2 hum tele body and build a 'Pete Townsend' schecter out of it. The neck is really nice, at least Fender USA quality imho.

Pete

Comment

I would think that Schecter neck would be better than a Fender. Looks like a Swamp Ash body; it'd leave it as is (before getting a new body)!
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Those trems are great.I would not part it out find a Schecter collector and flip it for dollars more than you paid for it.
        I saw a Schecter with the same body shape several years ago at Willcutt music and I know he was a Schecter/Charvel/Boogie dealer back in the late 70s thru the 80s so that may have been a body option.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's a Schecter Trem-Lok, typical for the 80's import guitars. Does the neck have a skunk stripe? If it does and it's a Schecter, they'll be production markings on the heel. If there's no skunk stripe and it's a Schecter, it's not U.S.A. built. I have never seen a stock Schecter body like that, I think it's modded. Looks like an 80's import Schecter with modded body. Still cool, and if its got a player's vibe, that much better. Congrats!

Comment

Interesting. Neck has a skunk stripe on the back, but no pencilled marks on the heel. Guitar sounds great, it's just... weird. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If the damn thing had a Charvel logo instead of the schecter, I could retire early!

Pete

Comment

I guess I'm the odd ball here. I like the guitar. If you get rid of it let me know, I might be interested if the price is right!

Comment

I have a 1985 USA schecter and it has the same tremelo.

Comment

The tremolo was made by Schaller. Music Man also used thes trems for a time, they can be found on early Silhouette models. Schecter also used another tremolo (also made by Schaller) which looked a bit like the old Fender freeflyte (as Schaller made those too) that can be found on Fender '83/'84 Strats. I have some catalogs of Schecter from that era, but I haven't seen this kind of guitar there. My guess also is that it is a modded Strat body, though with Schecters from that time anything's possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X