X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/MII Urban Camo

Anybody here play one? Thoughts

Re: ESP/MII Urban Camo

i haven't played an urban camo, but for a bout 6 years, all i played were ESP MII deluxe and MII custom guitars. they are great. they balance nice, feel fast, look good. all of mine had OFR trems, seymour duncan pickups, gotoh tuners, etc...they easily compare to jackson DK-1 guitars. if ther truth be told, i actually prefer the ESP MII over the jackson DK-1.

i wish i still had my ESP's, actually. i sold them all off when i switched to jackson. my last ESP went in trade toward my solar PC-1.

excuse my recollections...

the ESP plays nice. nobody can really argue that in my opinion.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The MII Urban Camo is a neckthru.

Comment

I wonder how much ESP M-II models weight? I once tried few but don't really remember.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The MII Urban Camo is a neckthru.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, sorry.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I wonder how much ESP M-II models weight? I once tried few but don't really remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the bodies are alder... so they are pretty light I would imagine.

They are great guitars, but I believe ESP is going to discontinue the camo line so if your intersted I would look into it relatively quickly.

Also, I would avoid buying a used one unless it's relatively new. When they amde the older ones, the paint pixture wasn't the best and the white in the camo yellowed pretty bad. the newer ones fixed the problem though.

I like these guitars alot, but I'm not really a floyd guy. I'm more into ESP horizons.

Comment

Didn't Jeff(Slayer) used to play one?

Comment

Han, his was a Custom signature model (pre amp, different inlays, Kahler etc), with the same graphic.....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The MII UC plays exceptionally well...the neck is very silky to the touch. Niccolai is right, they are discontinuing this finish for '06 on the USA models. I have also heard complaints about the yellowing of the white color.

Comment

Working...
                  X