U.S. Masters Guitar Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U.S. Masters Guitar Works

I was just looking at their site today, comparing the features to a fairly equivalent Carvin. I was pricing out an EP model similar to the one reviewed on Harmony Central, as I like the shape of it. Being a fixed (non-TOM) bridge fan, US Masters and Carvin are both seemingly good options for me if I can't afford a Jackson SLS. If Bill Lawrence in fact builds the US Masters pickups, that might be an advantage over the Carvin stock pickups. I have this mental image of an all-black EP (if they'd do black hardware) with a blank ebony fretboard. There is a Carvin Bolt on the Carvin site with that basic look, and it's very cool, except that I think the fixed bridge looks too small on a Carvin body.

Anyone here played both brands? I haven't seen a US Masters guitar in a shop since a local dealer closed and liquidated their inventory through Music Go Round.
    sigpic

Comment

again FWIW, this is really strange and is gonna sound like I am on a bashing spree, but I played 2 carvins and didnt like either one. My friend had one and I played one that was traded in at a music store. I thought they were both less than what they should be. Just not overwhelmed with the quality. Funny feeling neck. I dont know, maybe its me. I realize I am very PRO Jackson but I have played several other brands that I have liked. I played a new Hamer in a store a while back and I was really impressed with it. It was a explorer shape model, very nice fit and finish, great feeling neck, nice sound. All round good guitar. and I have played several PRS that I have liked even more. In fact, If I didnt play Jackson, I would probably be playing PRS' guitars. I like them, nice feel, nice sound. I like J/C better. anyway, Im just rambling now.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I had two of them. One was a Yello/Black Lynch Bengal style,and the other a see-thru green. Both had 2 hums and OFR's. I got them from the local dealer that closed here in the Cities - they got them back from MGR and sold them to me at a STEEP discount!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Terrific players!! I mean it! They just didn't have the "mojo" though, so I did end up selling them. Fit and finish was impeccable - nothing but the highest quality.

Comment

Man, thats so weird that I was so unimpressed with those USM guitars and everyone else I have talked to or read has really liked them and remarked about their outstanding quality......hmmmmm... guess I am just weird....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Man, thats so weird that I was so unimpressed with those USM guitars and everyone else I have talked to or read has really liked them and remarked about their outstanding quality......hmmmmm... guess I am just weird....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I know I am weird Chris!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I guess I am "guitar weird" too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X