Overhaulin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhaulin'

So I'm planning on fixing all of the low end aspects of this guitar so I can make it really sing. I'm going to be swapping the washburn floater bridge (that's right, floater, as in crap) for an OFR, scalloping the fretboard, and I'm going to switch out the stock, washburn pickups for something better.

I plan on putting some seymour duncans in it. I'm pretty much set on having a jazz in the neck, but I'm not sure about which bridge humbucker to go with. I was originally thinking about a JB, but this is a bright guitar so I decided that the JB probably wouldn't work out. So now I'm looking at the customs but I'm not sure which one would suit me the best.

I play most styles but I'm looking to get the majority of my distorted tones out of the bridge. I'd like something that's articulate and clear, but doesn't sound like an ice pick in this bright guitar. I've been digging Eric Johnson's tone lately, if that helps (probably not, considering his tone is much more than just a pickup change away).

This isn't mine, but it's the same model.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Overhaulin\'

no matter what the guitar, there is no pickup better than the duncan custom. lotsa articulation, lotsa "kill you in the face" tone.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      no matter what the guitar, there is no pickup better than the duncan custom. lotsa articulation, lotsa "kill you in the face" tone.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree Sully. The Custom sounds good in anything. It slices, it dices, it performs legal wedding ceremonies in the state of Las Vegas. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I should also mention that the SH-13 fucks shit up too.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

So I went with the SH-11 custom custom for the bridge.

I've heard the it can't do metal very well, is this true?

Comment

So the shop couldn't secure an original floyd rose, just some schaller one.

Are there any reliable websites where I can purchase an original floyd rose?

Comment

Dude, the Schaller Floyd is top notch stuff.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Schaller is just as good as OFR if you ask me. And the Custom Custom is more laid back. The regular Custom will melt faces.

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll probably end up trying the schaller now.

Comment

Working...
                  X